The Iron Claw - Trailer

The Reverend

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, SpykeDudlei1 said:

THANK YOU! 🙏🏻 Thought it was just me.

If you look back through the thread, quite a few of us thought he was shite as well.

4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

If you look back through the thread, quite a few of us thought he was shite as well.

In fairness I was meaning non-UKFFers but for some reason was reading this thread back to front (don’t ask!) so hadn’t seen the other comments on here.

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

He wants Kerry coming out of a dustbin with birds tweeting around his head, before going "I'm seeing double! Two feet!"

Maybe he got confused and thought he was watching Saw.

Yeah the Ric Flair performance was the only part that took me out of it momentarily. If you weren't familiar with Ric Flair it would probably be passable, but for wrestling fans it was almost offensively bad.

But overall I thought it was an excellent film. 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, chokeout said:

My main gripe was they were far too subtle with Kerrys drug use. They showed him doing some coke but, by all accounts, he was strung out most of the time and was a full on space cadet. You really didn't get a sense of how out of it he was. 

I saw someone comment on this, about how Hollywood films tend to shy away from really showing drug abuse in biopics, so you just end up with this vague sense that someone just got addicted to "partying" in the vaguest of senses.

Was it Tod Gordon who told the story of bringing in Kerry as a surprise under a mask, having to explain it to him a dozen times, and then him walking out for his match, in the mask, but with a robe with "KERRY" written across the back?

2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I saw someone comment on this, about how Hollywood films tend to shy away from really showing drug abuse in biopics, so you just end up with this vague sense that someone just got addicted to "partying" in the vaguest of senses.

Was it Tod Gordon who told the story of bringing in Kerry as a surprise under a mask, having to explain it to him a dozen times, and then him walking out for his match, in the mask, but with a robe with "KERRY" written across the back?

It was, you can even watch the match online. It's from January 1993 and it's a bit of a sad sight. I always felt really bad for Kerry on account that so many of his co-workers tended to really like him regardless of being in a near constant pill fog.

8 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Full match (with really dodgy camera work) here:

Edited by SpykeDudlei1