The Iron Claw - Trailer

The Reverend

• Paid Members

This might be 30+ years of WWEification talking, but - why on earth would you have your champion on the red carpet of a Hollywood movie and NOT flaunting his belt??

Particularly when it's a movie about wrestling.

Edited by Statto
Taking/talking typo

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Statto said:

This might be 30+ years of WWEification talking, but - why on earth would you have your champion on the red carpet of a Hollywood movie and NOT flaunting his belt??

Particularly when it's a movie about wrestling.

Perhaps he was asked no to take it as the Von Erichs had nothing to do with AEW? Also there would have been no chance of getting a pic with Cena would there. 

Nah unless it's a talk show/something specifically focussed on you representing your company then taking a belt around just makes you look like a big child from the phoney world of wrestling that they've made a Proper Hollywood film for. I might be wrong but no boxer or MMA fighter lugs their straps around to things like this right? 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Nah unless it's a talk show/something specifically focussed on you representing your company then taking a belt around just makes you look like a big child from the phoney world of wrestling that they've made a Proper Hollywood film for. I might be wrong but no boxer or MMA fighter lugs their straps around to things like this right? 

Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia apparently used to carry his around with him, even in the shops. He was considered a bit of a sad figure, I think. The UKFF's resident MMA almanac, @wandshogun09 would know.

On 12/9/2023 at 8:05 AM, HarmonicGenerator said:

This is a brilliant read, and given that Marc continually plugs the forum on Wrestle Me, I'll highlight the fact that his podcast's annual Wrestle Memas is ongoing right now, in which he and Pete, across the festive season, watch and discuss obscure/odd matches that don't fit into their traditional format. It's great. 

As far as the film goes, it looks really good. For whatever reason, I hadn't expected that at all. I'm really looking forward to seeing this one, as sad as the subject matter happens to be. 

• 1 month later...

I feel like it could have been an hour longer, the time skips were a little jarring and they could only cover so much within the time of a movie but what they did do was done really well.

There were audible gasps when they slowly led to the reveal of Kerry's foot and there were a couple of wrestling fans I could hear when certain characters popped up, including MJF as Lance but he was only on screen for a few seconds.

One scene I won't spoil but you'll know it when you see it broke me..

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Just watched it.

Reveal hidden contents

His dad's a cunt and all his brothers die.

But more seriously, it's very hard to judge as a wrestling fan because you not only know what's coming, but the fact there's stuff left out that's just as bad. The two minutes or so panning round the crowd outside the Sportatorium and filing in is arguably the highlight from a wrestling perspective as it just looks like the best place on earth to be in 1979.

Biggest weakness is that they don't always nail the difference between "winning the world title in a wrestling match is a work" and "being made world champion in the business is a competitive activity".