Underrated wrestling theme songs

RedRooster

We hear lots of talk about the best ever wrestling theme songs, but what about the tunes that don't get the attention they deserve? Maybe it's because they were attached to a crap wrestler, maybe it's because they didn't last very long or perhaps they've simply been forgotten about. 

For me, it's this banger: 

The version of this song that Christian used during his most recent WWE run wasn't very good. But the Waterproof Blonde version of the song? That was a megastar entrance, and it gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. For me, it's one of my favourite entrance themes ever. 

And talking of Waterproof Blonde...I don't know much about them, but damn can they produce an entrance theme. 

I wish Sean O'Haire had been given more of a push simply so that I could have heard more of this. It's brilliant!

Any other suggestions for underrated themes?

• Paid Members

Always loved The Oddities theme. An instance where the theme is much greater than the stable

A big fan of the Mongo era Four Horsemen theme too. 

Edited by FelatioLips

That Sean O' Haire tune was exactly the theme I would have put in here. That's what I would use for my CAWs if it was available (Here Comes the Pain, I think?)

Next to come to mind for me was the Nation of Domination theme that the likes of Owen Hart and the Rock had unique versions of. But here's the straight-up instrumental.

• Paid Members

I love this one. Always thought that it suited a badass wrestler more than a commentator/GM.

3 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Always loved The Oddities theme. An instance where the theme is much greater than the stable

In the same way, I always used to find it funny that long after the Brood had split up, and Gangrel had been relegated to Heat, they were still having to rig out the entranceway so that he could rise up slowly to the ramp.

Imagine that now? They can’t even be bothered getting a unique set for anything that isn’t Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members

I always got a kick out of Bischoff's GM theme. Borrowed heavily from his WCW one and I think ever so slightly influenced by the "Iron Man without words" that Russo had also used, it immediately used to put me in the right frame of mind... "Oh fuck off" but in the way I kept watching to hope he'd get his comeuppance. not in the channel-changing sense.

However the winner is this belter for me. After his first Invasion theme fell short in the "Well, it's not Walk" stakes, they came out with this, which perfectly got you "up" for Van Dam coming down, and wasn't Walk but 100% didn't need to be, and nowadays is 100% the tune I think of when I think of him.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Vamp said:

I quite like the Slow Chemical Kane theme. It's probably not as iconic as his original theme but it still has a fun riff.

It's 100% better than the version they used after that until he put the mask back on, which sounded like the not-quite-right melody WCW would have given to Kane if he'd jumped ship. That was utterly shit.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, air_raid said:

It's 100% better than the version they used after that until he put the mask back on, which sounded like the not-quite-right melody WCW would have given to Kane if he'd jumped ship. That was utterly shit.

Beat me to it. Acoustic version posted I think is pretty good. *

* of the song...would make the entrance a bit dull...*

Edited by Suplex Sinner