All Out 2023 Discussion

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

The somewhat exhausting cycle of AEW news and big shows never stops, this weekend we've got probably the first ever AEW B-level PPV where it feels like no one can really be hugely arsed with it but at the same time it has a couple of absolutely cracking looking matches on there.

The current card:

TNT title - Luchasaurus vs Darby Allin (this will be the best singles match Luchaurus will ever have)

International - OC vs Mox (HELL YES!)

FTR/Bucks vs Bullet Club Gold

Miro vs Powerhouse Hobbs

TBS - Statlander vs Ruby Soho

Kenny Omega vs Takeshita (HELL YES!)

Kingston/Shibata vs Castagnoli/Yuta (HELL YES!)

Samoa Joe vs Shane Taylor (...ok?)

Better Than You Bay Bay vs Dark Order (Rampage level ass match)

A few more matches to come. If Punk definitely isn't on the show then Mox and Cassidy will probably have the best main event of the year. I know most people are disinterested but I'm pretty excited for it, I think it'll be a fun show even if it does feel like Dynamite Plus at the moment.

Edited by LaGoosh

You do have to wonder if this will hurt them in the Chicago market in terms of houses in the future. Not only the possibility of Punk not being there, but just the nature of how last minute and thrown together this feels for what should ordinarily be the one everything builds up to. But I could be wrong. It's a bit of a Forbidden Door scenario where there's loads of great matches that have not had a lot of build, and AEW's hardcore fanbase seem conditioned to that. It just seems like a year ago some of us were worried Wembley would be an inconsequential pit stop on the road to this proper show. 

Punk/Perry at AEW: Shake It All About? 

Never even heard of Shane Taylor, I assume this is another RoH match that nobody apart from TK is interested in, that does nothing for Samoa Joe.  What a waste.

It doesn’t really have a proper PPV level main event. Decent enough card overall but it is missing that big match and I don’t think Punk v Starks would’ve been it either.

So all the worries about All In being inferior were definitely unfounded. 

Edited by AndyUK

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Loki said:

Never even heard of Shane Taylor, I assume this is another RoH match that nobody apart from TK is interested in, that does nothing for Samoa Joe.  What a waste.

Correct. Plenty of guys with nothing to do that would be much better options for Joe so why he's picked Taylor is baffling. Just throw Hangman Page at him or something.

Pairing the Bucks and FTR feels like the most hilarious piece of ‘it’s not me, it’s you’ booking ever.

Screw you Phil, we’re all mates here.

It is sort of mad this whole Elite/CMFTR situation almost certainly isn’t a work, as it’s certainly booked like it is.

I wasn’t that interested in All Out necessarily, but Mox v Orange Cassidy has me all ends up. Take my money.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Loki said:

Shane Hagadorn would have been better.

• Paid Members

It certainly has a different energy to what you would usually expect from an AEW pay per view, but I absolutely cannot complain about a pay per view with a double main event of Omega vs. Takeshita and Moxley vs. Orange Cassidy. Both will likely rule.

Plus, they just dropped this graphic! Holy shit!

IMG_6165.thumb.jpeg.ac4a972d561e7fa07b420be3378835cd.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Supremo said:

It certainly has a different energy to what you would usually expect from an AEW pay per view, but I absolutely cannot complain about a pay per view with a double main event of Omega vs. Takeshita and Moxley vs. Orange Cassidy. Both will likely rule.

If Steamboat gets injured, what’s the appropriate punishment for Punk?

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

If Steamboat gets injured, what’s the appropriate punishment for Punk?

Steamboat immediately suspended, I'd imagine.

47 minutes ago, Supremo said:

On this, I’ve just seen Ricky Starks has put a picture on his social media with the caption ‘Gonna catch lightning one day’, and can’t help but feel sorry for him. He’s really the one that’s been shafted here.

I hope they keep their foot on the pedal of his push, but must be a gutter to lose what could have been a main event match in Chicago against Phil. Poor bloke.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Shane Taylor is fantastic, and it should be a fantastic match, but that seems like an out of nowhere booking. Apparently he won a tournament in ROH to earn the shot, but it's the first I've heard of it.

Something as bonkers as Starks vs. Steamboat, if it happens straight up, is probably their best bet of distracting from the fact that they've lost CM Punk in Chicago. They should just be going through Tony Khan's Filofax and trying to get every big name they can to rock up to this one, kind of like some people wanted/expected All In to have a bunch of guest stars and legends, this is the show that might actually need the help.