All Out 2023 Discussion

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

I know there's loads of other bollocks going on at the moment but I'm quite excited as I think OC vs Mox and Omega vs Takeshita are going to be match of the year candidates. I'm really hoping for a Cassidy win here, it'll be a huge boost for him and I love this story and feel like there's more juice left. Credit to how Mox is booked and presented though that OC getting past him feels impossible. This is proper bloody classic wrestling storytelling.

• Paid Members

I love that almost accidentally they’ve created their own Fully Loaded 2000, with three matches featuring young up-and-comers against veterans. Mox vs. Cassidy, Omega vs. Takeshita and Danielson vs. Starks all feel fresh as fuck and all have the potential to be belters. Can’t wait. B shows for the win!

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I've only watched the main event and it was absolutely tremendous. Proper big time match with two brilliant contrasting characters beating each other to absolute bits - wrestling at it's finest. A masterclass in selling from both men. I was disappointed with the result, but in a good way - I wanted OC to win because I love him, but I'm not disappointed that Mox won because he's an absolute BEAST. He is absolutely The Final Boss.

Two moments that were just perfect pro wrestling:

- OC on the ropes with the crimson mask, Mox smashing him in the face so hard blood is flying on the camera while screaming directly at the viewers "I'm the Champion now!".

- OC's final stand, a man who has fought so hard for so long, barely able to reach his feet, every single part of his body hurting and failing on him, drenched in his own blood, knowing that this is the end and the title he's destroyed himself is about to be taken from him by a man he just cannot beat and instead of showing his usual apathy...he shows defiance and flips Jon Moxley off. Beautiful.

Edited by LaGoosh

Shocker - AEW PPV that lacked build ended up being exceptional from top to bottom. That's never happened before. /sarcasm

Don't get me wrong - I still get frustrated by their PPV builds on the whole as I think they'd be even better, but at this point you can almost see why TK doesn't bother too much when they smash it out of the park like this.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Nick James said:

At this point, Tony has got to be giving the Hand of the King pin badge to Bryan Danielson, right? The man is one of the most level headed blokes he has who can book a good show and is well respected. 

In an interview a few weeks back TK said that if he was to die in a plane crash or whatever he's told his Dad to hand over the reigns of AEW to Danielson. Not the Bucks, Kenny or Punk but Bryan Danielson. Danielson is the man.

• Paid Members

Joe's cheeky little smile after unnecessarily pushing MJF was absolutely sublime. A feud between these two is going to be so good. Especially if they are incorporating a story where MJF has a persistent neck injury caused by his best friend that puts his title at risk - absolutely genius if they go that route with it.