The new Irn Bru Xtra flavours are a bit weak.

The raspberry ripple flavour tastes Exactly like a drumstick lolly pop. If you like the thought of drinking one of those, you’ll probably enjoy it. I wasn’t a fan.

The wild berry slush flavour tastes the same as Maverick Berry Pwr-Bru, minus that high-caffeine taste you normally get in energy drinks. I probably preferred this to the raspberry ripple flavour, but I still wouldn’t buy it again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I had the non-energy drink version of the Watermelon one yesterday oddly enough. It’s like a Panda Pop. Quite sickly but I did like the taste.

Not much to write home about recently.

Had this Limca drink from India.

spacer.png

11yo loved but I thought was really bitter, and didn't enjoy it. 3/10

Slush Puppie Fizzie Blue Raspberry

spacer.png

Really liked it. Just a simple, not too sour but enough, cheap fizzy drink. 8/10

Irn Bru Xtra Wild Berry Slush

spacer.png

Absolutely shit. There's no sugar so obviously it's going to be shit, but its one of the worst drinks I've had, as there is just nothing there. Scottish pricks. 0/10

Boost Sport Raspberry & Mango

spacer.png

Really nice cheap alternative to Prime or Gatorade or whatever. I've only ever seen it in our local Spar, but sure it's elsewhere. 8/10

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Not much to write home about recently.

Had this Limca drink from India.

spacer.png

11yo loved but I thought was really bitter, and didn't enjoy it. 3/10

This, Thumbs up and Maaza are the taste of my childhood. I remember this being both bitter and incredibly sweet, a weird mix.

33 minutes ago, deathrey said:

This, Thumbs up and Maaza are the taste of my childhood. I remember this being both bitter and incredibly sweet, a weird mix.

Yeah I told a good friend of mine about it when I had it and he said the same! Said it was more popular than Sprite/7 Up among Indian households. 

I've had Thumbs Up as well, and can remember fairly liking it. 

This weeks offerings.

Calypso - Ocean Blue Lemonade

Absolutely superb. Can't remember if I've ever had one before, but will definitely be buying again. Incredibly sweet though. 9/10

spacer.png

Levi Roots - Jamaican Sunset

So nice, they had to name it...once? Very nice and yes, refreshing. If you don't like Watermelon though, you won't like this. Would've got the other two but had no space in my bag. 7/10

spacer.png

Fanta - Peach (I think)

Nice, but wouldn't buy again, especially for the price in Spar (not saying how much but £2.20 is a lot of money) Was also quite flat, so that didn't help. 11yo added the bottle to her "collection" though so that's something isn't it? 🙃 6/10

spacer.png

Also tried the strawberry/banana Prime which was vile as you'd expect.

8 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Also tried the strawberry/banana Prime which was vile as you'd expect.

Once Prime become more widely available I decided I’d try each one and rank them accordingly. They all taste pretty much the same, which isn’t very nice, and the Strawberry Banana one may be the worst of the lot. Very strange after taste 

Edited by WyattSheepMask