SuperBacon

4 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Found this pic of what you must be talking about. I wanna try it but had a look and it does seem to have been a very limited time it was around. 

IMG_1845.jpeg

Ah what a shame. Drinking that in the baking Tokyo heat was unbelievably refreshing. That’s the exact drink, though.

Edited by RedRooster

• 1 month later...

Yeah my eldest loves those, and I'm very partial to that Lychee flavour. The Pineapple is absolutely vile though.

Sadly, not much to report recently, haven't done any online shops for a bit and haven't had the chance to go into any decent shops. The local Spar hasn't had a good order in forever. 

Saying that, I did try this last week.

spacer.png

From Slovakia, and despite having never eaten cactus, it did taste like what I imagibe that to taste like.

Assume that's just my mind playing tricks. Decent. 7/10

4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Saying that, I did try this last week.

spacer.png

From Slovakia, and despite having never eaten cactus, it did taste like what I imagibe that to taste like.

Assume that's just my mind playing tricks. Decent. 7/10

Yeah, Kaktus is a big flavour around these parts. The Relax brand do a lot of different types of drinks in it. Kaktus itself is typically a combination of apple, lime and lychee. 

Couldn't remember whether I have ever had one of these so decided to buy one.

spacer.png

I can rest assured that I've never had one before, and never will again.

Absolutely rank. Tastes like fizzy mouthwash! I thought maybe I'd eaten something before hand and it had altered the taste, or the drink was out of date, but the 11yo confirmed. It indeed tastes like fizzy mouthwash.

If you like this, you should be utterly ashamed of yourself. 0/10

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

spacer.png

Absolutely rank. Tastes like fizzy mouthwash! I thought maybe I'd eaten something before hand and it had altered the taste, or the drink was out of date, but the 11yo confirmed. It indeed tastes like fizzy mouthwash.

I've only had Root Beer once, many many years ago with McDonald's used to do birthday parties and going there was a treat, the distant past - they bought out the drinks and everyone had ordered Coke but I was given this thing that looked like coke but tasted exactly like germolene. Everyone passed it round because nobody could believe how it tasted, everyday one of the staff confirmed what it was..Poison, that's what it was! I don't understand what those there Americans see in it. Never again.

Just now, Gus Mears said:

A&W root beer in a frosted mug at one of their restaurants is a delight. Quart gallon of delicious diabetes.

25 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

If you like this, you should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

• Paid Members

I love root beer precisely because it tastes like the mouth rinse stuff you get at the dentist. Not your basic shop bought mouthwash mind, but the delicious, dentist-exclusive kind. 

16 minutes ago, JLM said:

I love root beer precisely because it tastes like the mouth rinse stuff you get at the dentist. Not your basic shop bought mouthwash mind, but the delicious, dentist-exclusive kind. 

Why would you want a drink to taste like that you utter, utter freaks!!! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 3/15/2024 at 5:15 PM, SuperBacon said:

spacer.png

Apologies, I really like Root Beer. Granted, it does smell like vaporub. I find it has a kind of fresh taste to it. 

I'm a big fan of Dandelion and Burdock as well. 

I'll get my coat.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

@Boycie ever had this delicious elixir? 

image.png

I haven't but a friend of mine recommended it to me a while back. I just can't seem to find it anywhere. Will keep looking out for it.