pwrbru_can_origin_plain.png?anchor=center&mode=crop&heightratio=0.9486111111111111111111111111&width=720&rnd=133373390144500000

I tried the original flavour of PWR-BRU for the first time this week, and it's massively disappointing. Given that it's a spin-off IRN-BRU, I expected it to have at least a hint of IRN-BRU flavour to it, but nope - it tastes similar to any other energy drink that you might pick up. The IRN-BRU coloured can and branding is a red-herring. I'm hoping they don't ditch IRN-BRU energy in favour of this underwhelming drink. 

58 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Vimto's new energy drink is pretty nice, but I've only ever seen it in Poundland so far.

That sounds amazing, I didn't even know there was a Vimto energy drink! To Poundland I go, then...

Edited by RedRooster
Correcting a typo...oops!

• 3 weeks later...

This is what I've tried over the last couple of weeks.

@CAREBEAR LUVVA I am sorry to post this, but I've had several cans of Code Red and yep, it is a fantastic drink. Now one of my go tos when I'm in the Spar. 9/10

spacer.png

This Warheads Blue Raspberry was really good, and not as sour as I thought it would be. Just an all round decent fizzy drink. 7/10

spacer.png

The Dip Dap (that still throws me its not Dib Dab) drink was good, refreshing but I probably wouldn't buy I again. 6/10

spacer.png

Toxic Waste was utterly grim. Not even my 10yo (who loves that sort of shit) liked it. Also tasted really cheap. Avoid. 1/10

spacer.png

Frutee came in the Snackd box this month, and very impressed. Tasted a little bit like Tizer which is no bad thing. Would definitely drink again. 8/10

spacer.png

When it comes to the asian supermarkets, I'm happy to gamble as 99% of the time I have no idea what I'm looking at. I do ask if I'm feeling sociable, but this time I just went for what looked best that day. I've had the tea before (middle), the Mango can was excellent but the winner was the Yuzu juice one.

It wasn't until I got home that I realised that one of the main ingredients was honey (cannot stand it) but it was incredible. Just really sweet grapefruit juice to be honest. 9/10 for all 3

spacer.png

They also had this which I'm now regretting not buying. The absolute state of that flavour. I'll buy it next time I'm in Winchester, just to drink for this thread ffs.

spacer.png

One of the websites I buy from has just emailed me to say they have Coca Cola from Kuwait and a bloody Brainlicker fuzzy drink. When will this madness end? Early death probably.

• Paid Members
On 8/27/2023 at 2:15 PM, SuperBacon said:

Here you go mate. https://americancandyuk.co.uk/products/mountain-dew-code-red-case-of-12-355ml-x12?_pos=2&_psq=Code+red&_ss=e&_v=1.0

I often use these guys and it's quick and reliable all the times I've ordered.

My shortcut to diabetes begins. Cheers Bacon. 

43 minutes ago, waters44 said:

93A0CCDB-63A4-4DA9-99B6-78CE1ED74003.thumb.jpeg.a1520e01a14d0eead48017bb5bde6120.jpeg

Better than it looks 

In our local shop for local people I have finished all the different Fanta flavours so have begun the Mountain Dew odyssey - Baja Blast up first

That looks nice, what is it?

I'm gonna get some Baja Blast as well. The yanks go mad for it.

6 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

My shortcut to diabetes begins. Cheers Bacon. 

spacer.png