SuperBacon

• 3 weeks later...

spacer.png

I've had these in can form and they weren't very nice. The Dip Dab is slightly better than the can version but the no improvement with the Flumps. Both bin worthy.

spacer.png

Mountain Dew Spark tasted and looked more like grapefruit than what's advertised. Mountain Dew Livewire was another false advertisement. Imagine the cheapest, nastiest, low down orangeade then leave it in the sun to go flat and that describes this.

spacer.png

Last but not least on the road to diabetes. Orangina, better than the aforementioned Livewire but very poor compared to the bottled version ungodly amount of thick pulp even with a good shake. Fanta White Peach was excellent, looks like cloudy lemonade when poured but was a really pleasant surprise. Only bought due to the can but would definitely drink regularly if the price was decent.

• Paid Members

Back when I was about 12 in the mid 90s there were Dip Dab and Fruit Cocktail fizzy drinks in the taller thinner cans. I remember loving them but one of them gave me the most wretched farts of my life. I suspect the youth club I was at didn't appreciate it either.

While I was in Japan a few years ago, I picked up a kiwi fruit flavour Fanta that they only seemed to sell in one specific vending machine in Tokyo. It was an utterly godlike drink, so bloody tasty. I’ve tried to find it on eBay, at import shops - anywhere I could think of, without success. Maybe it was on its way out and being discontinued (hence it not being in any other vending machine), but if you’ve come across this, do let me know!

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

While I was in Japan a few years ago, I picked up a kiwi fruit flavour Fanta that they only seemed to sell in one specific vending machine in Tokyo. It was an utterly godlike drink, so bloody tasty. I’ve tried to find it on eBay, at import shops - anywhere I could think of, without success. Maybe it was on its way out and being discontinued (hence it not being in any other vending machine), but if you’ve come across this, do let me know!

Looking at some sites and it seems like it was a very limited edition only sold at Konbinis. Was it this one?

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Looking at some sites and it seems like it was a very limited edition only sold at Konbinis. Was it this one?

It was in a can, but possibly. The main thing I remember about the can is that it had E+ in large writing on the can, so initially I had no idea what I was buying, it was blind faith until I read the back of the can. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

It was in a can, but possibly. The main thing I remember about the can is that it had E+ in large writing on the can, so initially I had no idea what I was buying, it was blind faith until I read the back of the can. 

Found this pic of what you must be talking about. I wanna try it but had a look and it does seem to have been a very limited time it was around. 

IMG_1845.jpeg