Lacey Evans leaving WWE

Hannibal Scorch

On 8/17/2023 at 7:49 AM, Merzbow said:

If she bought the book she's funding the cunt, so either way. It's not like me buying a Yukio Mishima novel, a great writer who's also dead and seeing none of the few quid I threw at it.

So if she'd waited until Peterson was dead to buy the book, she'd meet with your approval?

On 8/17/2023 at 4:34 PM, Louch said:

No harm in hearing the arguments of people who’s views differ, I listen to a lotta political podcasts that have a lot of Tories on them, I’ll never agree but you can’t have a discussion just shouting how your view is right 

YES YOU CAN

6 hours ago, David said:

So if she'd waited until Peterson was dead to buy the book, she'd meet with your approval?

Or just pirate it from libgen.

Anyway, this is going to be very annoying very quick so I'm out. Just don't give people who want a minority dead money, innit

Edited by Merzbow

No harm in hearing the arguments of people who’s views differ, I listen to a lotta political podcasts that have a lot of Tories on them, I’ll never agree but you can’t have a discussion just shouting how your view is right 

The principal of this should be true, but unfortunately modern right-wing politics is based around vast amounts of misinformation and bigotry. It’s difficult to know how to combat the message being shared; I definitely think harm can - and does - come from listening to it, or platforming it. For example - Brexit, vaccine denial; hatred of refugees, benefit recipients and trans people; and climate change denial.

(Clearly one for a different thread - but I do understand why people object to this, even though it doesn’t necessarily mean Bayley is a right wing extremist herself)

Edited by RedRooster

Groundbreaking!!!! Hearing other views and being nuanced!?!?! Madness in 2023!!! ;)