Am I The Arsehole?

SuperBacon

• Paid Members

Being serious, it sounds like you’re getting stuck in a rut working at home, and she did you a favour just breaking the cycle.  You will get a lunch break in the day, use this to go to the coffee shop and treat yourself to one.  It will make things better.

9 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said:

She was being nice, I'd have lied and said "Yeah I picked it up, cheers, I'll get you one next time I see you"

I’d have found a coffee shop 15 minutes away from her house and done the same thing but at like 9:30pm. See how she likes thoughtless generosity

9 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Being serious, it sounds like you’re getting stuck in a rut working at home, and she did you a favour just breaking the cycle.  You will get a lunch break in the day, use this to go to the coffee shop and treat yourself to one.  It will make things better.

I do. I walk the dogs at lunch and go to the coffee shops in my own convenience.

It was 4pm in the afternoon Plexy!!!

It was a really lovely gesture that didn't quite go right.   I think you did the right thing by going and getting it.  The rest of it sucks, but in a very first world problem way.

If she offers to do it again, just tell her the whole thing as a funny story and next time tell the people in the coffee shop to make a fresh one when you get there!

Does seem very odd from the Coffee shops perspective at least

So they made a coffee and just left it on the counter for 45 mins and when you came in and gave your name they gave you what would be a very obviously Cold Coffee by that point?

Surely it makes sense for them to just make it when you came in 

As someone who doesn't drink coffee is that a normal thing where Coffee shops take orders like that and just make them immediately and leave them for ages until the customer comes in? 

As others said it sounds a more misguided gesture, where the thought was in the right place but executed poorly or she assumed the coffee shop would make it when you arrived at least

3 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

Does seem very odd from the Coffee shops perspective at least

So they made a coffee and just left it on the counter for 45 mins and when you came in and gave your name they gave you what would be a very obviously Cold Coffee by that point?

Surely it makes sense for them to just make it when you came in 

As someone who doesn't drink coffee is that a normal thing where Coffee shops take orders like that and just make them immediately and leave them for ages until the customer comes in? 

As others said it sounds a more misguided gesture, where the thought was in the right place but executed poorly or she assumed the coffee shop would make it when you arrived at least

I've seen it in Starbucks at least. They leave it on the counter, until someone picks it up. I forget sometimes mine is on there and i panic and think I've taken someone elses. 

39 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

That’s all very grown up and mature but I have a better idea, and hear me out. You order her a nice iced coffee that all the kids love these days but order it on a really hot day so by the time she gets there it’s warm. 

spacer.png

• Paid Members

I like coffee. I’m also an adult and would have just been up front and said, “Thanks, it’s a lovely gesture, but a bit out of the way for me to pick up” and either left it at that, or arranged an actual meet-up for coffee.

• Paid Members

Something about getting on a bus to Birmingham and back to get the coffee. Can't be arsed to come up with an actual joke.

Like usual, waheyyyyyy

Edited by Carbomb

40 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

I like coffee. I’m also an adult and would have just been up front and said, “Thanks, it’s a lovely gesture, but a bit out of the way for me to pick up” and either left it at that, or arranged an actual meet-up for coffee.

Oh piss off Your Shite Site.