Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

6 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Hey!

Sorry mate! I'm just going for the cheap Norfolk pop 😆 First time I've seen Ipswich to be honest, and I know it was Huddersfield on the last day, but they looked really good.

Tell you what though, first game of next season is definitely going to be Ipswich vs Arsenal. I can feel it in the water. Bookmark this and let's all put a tenner on.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Sorry mate! I'm just going for the cheap Norfolk pop 😆 First time I've seen Ipswich to be honest, and I know it was Huddersfield on the last day, but they looked really good.

Tell you what though, first game of next season is definitely going to be Ipswich vs Arsenal. I can feel it in the water. Bookmark this and let's all put a tenner on.

Ipswich will get revenge for Arsenal stealing Chris Kiwomya

Posted (edited)

Only been working here 3 months and promotion already.

Clearly I'm a lucky charm.

Still have the Coventry complement of fingers, though.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

My dad WhatsApped me "Ipswitch in the prem now with their Pro Evo unlicensed team crest". 

I think the thing that will have real historical significance is the emergence of Kieran McKenna, especially against the backdrop of how he got so heavily slagged off by Man Utd dressing room leaks.

I think he's a really special coach.

Posted (edited)

A great day for Blackburn today. We don't get many of them anymore.

We beat Leicester 2 -0 at their home game promotion party. Which meant we weren't relegated. Our manager John Eustace got revenge by helping relegate Birmingham who had sacked him when he had them 6th in the table for Rooney. And the Dingles got thrashed 4-1 by Newcastle pretty much relegating them.

I am pretty certain Venkys will sell Szmodics who basically carried us on his back scoring 31 goals, and replace him with nobody and Burnley will beat us home and away next season but today was a fun day.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob
Sorry Bacon forgot the Dingles consolation goal.

• Paid Members

Luckily I've been at work all day so avoided Ipswich town centre. Absolutely bloody manic by all accounts.  I suppose I'd best be happy for them as many of my friends are supporters. All joking apart, I think to they deserved to go up and McKenna has worked wonders for them. I'm off tomorrow so hopefully the town will be a bit less hectic, hoping they'll be nursing hangovers.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

A great day for Blackburn today. We don't get many of them anymore.

We beat Leicester 2 -0 at their home game promotion party. Which meant we weren't relegated. Our manager John Eustace got revenge by helping relegate Birmingham who had sacked him when he had them 6th in the table for Rooney. And the Dingles got thrashed 4-1 by Newcastle pretty much relegating them.

I am pretty certain Venkys will sell Szmodics who basically carried us on his back scoring 31 goals, and replace him with nobody and Burnley will beat us home and away next season but today was a fun day.

Yeah. It was a cracking result for the Rovers today. I agree that somebody will swoop in for Szmodics, but sticking that £20m price tag on him will hopefully deter the clubs that are sniffing around. He's only really had this one good season in the championship, so for clubs to suddenly think he could do a job in the Premier League is a bit odd.

Big win for us yesterday against Bournemouth. Rice was superb, seeing more to his game now that Partey is fully back from injury and playing in front of the back four, fantastic runs from inside his own half to set up our second goal and score our third goal. We just need to make sure we complete the job, we've been great in the league during 2024 with 14 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss, unfortunately unless a miracle happens doesn't look like will win the title and have to accept second place in the league again. We just need to make sure we win the remaining two fixtures and hope Fulham or West Ham can help us out against Man City.