Eurovision 2023

johnnyboy

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Matthew said:

Her overtly exaggerated facial expression she made, I found really off putting. I think she was trying to look like she had a cool “attitude”, but she just looked… odd - to put it politely.

Case in point at 2:32:

spacer.png

She should have kept it more subtle like these lads:

11636017_W900C821x547o42x103.jpg.0f394124b560b956435aa03268e7f07c.jpg

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Chili said:

I know the bloke who wrote the German entry. He's a comedy promoter in the Yorkshire area. We've all been very polite about it because we need the work. 

Shame he's a shit comedian. The theatre I worked at used to get so many complaints about his terrible performances. It stopped more than a few regulars from returning.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Shame he's a shit comedian. The theatre I worked at used to get so many complaints about his terrible performances. It stopped more than a few regulars from returning.

I'm intrigued by this. It takes skill to be that shit that people actively complain rather than just shrugging their shoulders and forgetting about it. What gives?

1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

I'm intrigued by this. It takes skill to be that shit that people actively complain rather than just shrugging their shoulders and forgetting about it. What gives?

Same here given he's actually one of the better comedian/promoters in that area (as in gets an audience, good venues and pays the comedians).

• Paid Members

He would normally compere the shows, but he rarely changed his material. He used the literal same stuff for years. After a few months (of 1 a month shows) we got comments from the public. By the end of the first year people had started telling us he was putting them off. The next years feedback was... rough. He did then start bringing a new guy in to compere, so the alternating helped. 

To be very fair, the guy had great timing, was a really nice fella, and his material was funny. The first time. I was being harsh in calling him shit. 

Edited by ReturnOfTheMack

• 7 months later...
  • Paid Members

A really early announcement of next years entrant. Olly Alexander is a superb choice. They've already said its not a ballad, hopefully it will really play to his strengths. A great choice though. 

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands
I'm not an Only Fan I'm an Olly fan.

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

A really early announcement of next years entrant. Olly Alexander is a superb choice. They've already said its not a ballad, hopefully it will really play to his strengths. A great choice though. 

Have to agree 100%, this has the possibility of going down the Sam Ryder lane of being a dance banger and having a credible name with reputation behind them where they're performances are up there with Eurovisions typical theatrics could perform very well overall.

Part of me wonders if they tried to line up Alexander last year but couldn’t make it work and had to switch lanes - Mae Muller was announced quite late iirc and her staging on the night was very muted compared to many others. Just feels in hindsight to be a very odd overall presentation choice given it’s the same team who produced Ryder the year previous.

Probably nothing in it, either way it’s great to see another strong choice for next year.