Eurovision 2023

johnnyboy

54 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

It won't be in silence. Just because it's in a cinema it doesn't mean people will treat it like a film. It will be noisy. When AEW are at Wembley Stadium the whole stadium won't chant the referees a wanker and go for a pie after 45 minutes, and considering you are on a forum dedicated to watching people in their pants pretending to fight who are you to comment on the weirdness of other people. 

Fair point! Ill take the L!

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Eurovision 2023: Life after nul points for Jemini

My boy.  My beautiful boy.

Jemini was in 2003? TWENTY years ago?! Fucking hell!

I forgot they're from Liverpool too. The article makes no mention of them performing tonight. Surely people would go mental for that? (Unless they sing out of tune again, that would be hilarious actually.)

• Paid Members

Not a strong year in my opinion. France and Belgium were catchy, Finland was fun and silly. Sweden was solid, but not a patch on 'Euphoria' from years ago.

Sweden is fav to win but it didnt blow me away. Seems a pretty open field to me.

If Jemini dont appear in the intermission, we riot.

Last year was a fluke then, normal service resumed. Bit harsh for Mae Muller, Austria got robbed in the public vote and I’d rather Finland had taken it over Wolver-Loreen. Let’s see if we try and put a strong entry to Sweden next year or if it’ll be back to x-factor types.

Edited by Bicurious Dad

• Paid Members

Gutted Germany didn’t get a higher score. I quite enjoyed Moldova but seemingly not many others did. 

Swedens song was good, but Finland’s was a proper Eurovision song and I thought it could’ve nicked it there at the end. 

At work we have Radio One on constantly so I've grown to like Mae's song a lot but she fucked it tonight, sounded like she'd never sung on stage before, I wish they'd just let Sam have another go. I would have preferred Finland to win and Austria were robbed but I won a few quid in Australia being in the top ten so not all bad. It was a good show but some of the voting was disappointing.

Same time next year?

*Edit* oh yeah and during the ten minute version of last year's winner at the start I thought it was Myleene Klass on the piano until I looked on the BBC news site. I'm really rubbish at recognising people.

Edited by Harry Wiseau