The Goal of the Day Thread

Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

Another international and another free kick but I can’t let a day pass without including my favourite ever goal. A goal everyone who played football at school used to try and recreate. Everything about it is amazing. The run up, the power, the swerve. It’s iconic. Could fill this thread up with plenty of goals by Carlos. But this is the greatest. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Another international and another free kick but I can’t let a day pass without including my favourite ever goal. A goal everyone who played football at school used to try and recreate. Everything about it is amazing. The run up, the power, the swerve. It’s iconic. Could fill this thread up with plenty of goals by Carlos. But this is the greatest. 

Two other things I love about this - first there's the way the Brazil team celebrate with him in a relatively understated way. It's not like a 'Oh my God! I can't believe what you've just done!' reaction, it's more 'I fucking knew you'd do that, you absolute bobby dazzler'. Second, Barthez's hands on hips reaction as if to say 'What the fuck am I supposed to do with that? Cunt.'

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

Iconic, and beautiful. I think my favourite thing about this goal was the scenes in Sunderland with some Man Utd fans cheering thinking they were champions and then it hits them. 

Having their hearts broken with the last kick of the game and knowing they had the extra long journey back to Euston to cry about it. Couldn’t have happened in a better way to a nicer bunch of wretched cunts. Hang it in the fucking Louvre.  

15 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Iconic, and beautiful. I think my favourite thing about this goal was the scenes in Sunderland with some Man Utd fans cheering thinking they were champions and then it hits them. 

Having their hearts broken with the last kick of the game and knowing they had the extra long journey back to Euston to cry about it. Couldn’t have happened in a better way to a nicer bunch of wretched cunts. Hang it in the fucking Louvre.  

Conflicting as I have no time for United, but this made Fergie sad.

I was watching one of those MOTD Top 10 things the other day and Lineker actually said something that made me laugh, and that was that Tyler's commentary would've had less impact if his name was Sergio Aguer rather than Agueroooooooo and then Gary did this really funny "Agueeeeeer" which made me laugh. You'll have to take my word for it.

Anyway, have a Gazza goal.

Edit: Forgot to say, that was Mario Balotellis only assist for Man City. Mad.

Edited by SuperBacon
AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOO DRINK IT IN