AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

If you're looking at things purely from a reaction point of view, Jericho will get one of the loudest entrances/reactions at the event and really that's all he is there for let's be honest.

Everyone (and I mean everyone, don't lie to yourself) will belt along with his theme song and have a great old time, and that's all that's needed isn't it? Doesn't really matter who he's facing on the card does it? As long as its not headlining*

I actually think they might work well together.

*Maybe if Tony has had the WHOLE bag, we'll see.

42 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

I’m quite up for Jericho vs Ospreay 🤷‍♂️

Me too. He's a big star, and in my experience - even though I enjoy it - the facepalming at every little thing he does seems to just be a UKFF thing. If you could do a survey of everyone heading in the gates at Wembley, I imagine the overwhelming consensus would be that Jericho vs. Osprey is an exciting live novelty, not a tragic waste of Osprey's talent or "Grr, that Jericho, claiming his place at the table again!" type eye rolling. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

I don't think any wrestler has ever been "only as good as his last match" in the eyes of the fans as Chris Jericho. 

Personally, I like him even though sometimes he's really shit because he's actually sometimes very good. He's been a vital part of AEW and they wouldn't be where they are without him. He deserves a big spot on this show. However, Will Ospreay does not deserve any spot on this show, let alone a major one.

1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Me too. He's a big star, and in my experience - even though I enjoy it - the facepalming at every little thing he does seems to just be a UKFF thing.

It's really not. Just because Jericho retweets every little bit of praise he gets, it doesn't mean hes only criticised on here.

• Paid Members

They’re not mutually exclusive.

You can recognise that Ospreay vs. Jericho is a relatively big, first-time-ever match, that will likely deliver on the night, and still laugh at how Jericho has made a career resurgence out of exclusively wrestling hot commodities and super workers who make him look good.

Frankly, it’s the build up that worries me the most. Jericho likely playing babyface again? Ospreay bruv’ing all over the shop? Callis has got his work cut out for him carrying this.

• Paid Members

Ospreay is in the G1 so, assuming he makes it out of that uninjured, means they only have two weeks of build even assuming Ospreay is available to be on AEW TV for that time. 

Chances are the bulk of the story will be around Callis and Jericho, with Ospreay added late in the mix.

• Paid Members

Another company's tertiary(?) title main eventing arguably your biggest show to date doesn't really scream major league to me, it'd be even moreso if it was non-title. If Ospreay is going to main event at Wembley because he's British make it against Pac. What a match that could be. The world title should go on last, be that MJF or Jamie Hayter with the women's title. I just hope Sting's there. It'd be worth getting sent to Coventry on my way home.

12 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Another company's tertiary(?) title main eventing arguably your biggest show to date doesn't really scream major league to me, it'd be even moreso if it was non-title. If Ospreay is going to main event at Wembley because he's British make it against Pac. What a match that could be. The world title should go on last, be that MJF or Jamie Hayter with the women's title. I just hope Sting's there. It'd be worth getting sent to Coventry on my way home.

Who said it was main eventing? 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I don't think any wrestler has ever been "only as good as his last match" in the eyes of the fans as Chris Jericho. 

This is very true. Everyone was Team Jericho again after the recent cracker he had against Roddy Strong, then the week after he stunk the joint out against Adam Cole and we all remembered it's not cool to like him anymore.

I don't see the hate for ospreay on the show personally. For me it's all about the action and big feel of matches. That said, ergh! Jericho can't go like he used to and I can't imagine him hanging w Ospreay. Esp as his stuff hardly looks solid. Much prefer Ospreay and Omega but ah well.