AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

27 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Football clubs are bought as businesses to make money for their owners

“Launder money” in a lot of cases. Or as status symbols. If they make money for them, it’s a bonus, but that’s what their legit or traditional businesses do. And those profits go on passion projects or status symbols. A billionaires plaything. A Trainset, if you will. 

2 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

Real World’s Champion on Saturday nights, obviously.

If Mox has to squash Punk out of the company again, that would be quite something.

The spray painted world title would look quite cool with the BCC though.

• Paid Members

When over half the fucking stadium was on their feet for the entirety of Stadium Stampede, going wild at the utter carnage happening everywhere, talking at length afterwards about how much fun it was, it’s a shame no-one was around to tell them that actually Moxley needs to tone it down.

Edited by Supremo

I'm not one for the sort of shit that Mox got up to on Sunday. I don't mind a bit of blood, but that to me was gross.

However, knowing full well what violent matches in AEW can become, its entirely on me as a viewer to decide whether to watch, as it would be as a parent if I took my kids to an AEW event.

I can't believe I'm making this point - wrestling is weird - but surely you only need to hold a fork once to realise it's one of the easiest things to gimmick? They're essentially blunt on a pulled punch, and you can curl your fist around the pointy bit (out of context UKFF is closed, don't bother)

The actual blade job required to add colour to the eventual gimmick shots is going to be worse than most of those shots. 

I get the spectacle being a visual turn off based on taste, but being concerned for the danger whilst being fine with the rest of it strikes me as odd. Pure matches are full of moves that carry significantly more mortal risk. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Crazy bumps is one thing, allowing someone to stab you in the head is completely different entirely. 

In the sense that the crazy bumps are significantly more dangerous for far less reaction?

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Mox bleeding all over the place and stabbing people up is the most pro wrestling thing ever and it's fucking great. AEW is known for stronger language and blood so the decision and responsibility is on the parents and no one else so fuck off and take the white knighting and hand wringing elsewhere.

Jesus Christ, how are some of you turning this thread about an amazing historic wrestling event into the same old boring and dreary shit you always post?! 

If that's directed at me, then I'm sorry for mentioning it as it's obviously upset you!  It's absolutely up to the parents, and if they're ok with their 8 or 9 year old seeing a man getting skewers stuck in his head, then it's not on AEW.

I personally don't like the violence for violence's sake matches, never liked hardcore or deathmatch, but it's something that draws an audience so fair enough.  It's just not for me, and imo sits funny alongside scissoring and comedy matches sometimes.  It's not what I watch wrestling for.  BUT if you do, all power to you.

Edit: I do like the idea of making Collision a more hardcore show, and Dynamite a more "family' show.  Perhaps that's a way to please everyone!

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Michael_3165 said:

Foley had likeability, whereas I struggle to see anything interesting in Moxley. Maybe if he stopped cutting himself up and doing stupid shit, he wouldn't have needed to use substances so much. Who knows?

Congratulations on one of the most cunty comments posted on here for a while. 

1 hour ago, Michael_3165 said:

Worked or was moronic, it's hard to tell. 

Again if people have to do that shit to get people talking, I question their ability. Crazy bumps is one thing, allowing someone to stab you in the head is completely different entirely. That said, I am biased. I've never liked Moxley particularly and I feel he is rather over rated. I watched his G1 matches iirc and wasn't fussed either way. I just don't "get" his shtick. But I'm sure that's just me. 

I did like Foley in the days when he toned down his stuff. The difference being though that Foley had likeability, whereas I struggle to see anything interesting in Moxley. Maybe if he stopped cutting himself up and doing stupid shit, he wouldn't have needed to use substances so much. Who knows?

You do realise that Mox was doing all of this stuff years ago in CZW, right? It's basically part of his gimmick, and he's absolutely brilliant at what he does. Get rid of Punk and put me down for Mox's Saturday Night Murder Hour.

3 hours ago, Matthew said:

On the death march through Wembley Park, there was a family there, mother, father, son, daughter (just in case anyone needed clarifying what a family is), the daughter was flagging a bit, the mother turned around to her and said “scissor me baby”, and proceeded to do the scissor hand gestures. The daughter was no older than 12. Unreal parenting there.

This is what a round trip through the true blue British heartlands will do to you.

3 hours ago, JLM said:

Yeah a dad in front of us had to try and cover for Mox  (kid mist have been about 9 years old) by telling him  Penta had put spaghetti all over Mox’s head. The lad thought it was hilarious and also had a big Scissor Me sign and foam finger thingy. Think the violence is less child appropriate than the Scissor me merch really. 

Hah. "Is that spaghetti!?" was genuinely my first thought while watching that spot. Glad I didn't say it outloud to anyone.

Took my lad to his first show. He loved everything apart from the stadium stamped match.

He too thought it was spaghetti and I haven't told him different, however he definitely didn't like the fork. I've never felt like a bad parent before that moment, but him sobbing into my shoulder "why does it have to be so violent" is something that will haunt me for years.