AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Mox bleeding all over the place and stabbing people up is the most pro wrestling thing ever and it's fucking great. AEW is known for stronger language and blood so the decision and responsibility is on the parents and no one else so fuck off and take the white knighting and hand wringing elsewhere.

Jesus Christ, how are some of you turning this thread about an amazing historic wrestling event into the same old boring and dreary shit you always post?! 

Edited by LaGoosh

2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Mox bleeding all over the place and stabbing people up is the most pro wrestling thing ever and it's fucking great. AEW is known for stronger language and blood so the decision and responsibility is on the parents and no one else so fuck off and take the white knighting and hand wringing elsewhere. Jesus Christ, how are some of you turning this thread about an amazing historic wrestling event into the same old boring and dreary shit you always post?!

Question, if you were given the book, what do you do with Mox next?

I loved someone’s idea of doing Samoa Joe, as he’s wrestled a lot of the other big names, but besides that I’m struggling a bit in terms of newness.

But Joe and Mox murdering each other for a bit could be great.

I’m going through my Mox era right now, as the kids say. I really want to see him back at the top as a main event singles guy.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Question, if you were given the book, what do you do with Mox next?

A short singles feud with Orange Cassidy then move him into a feud with Eddie Kingston. After that either something with Samoa Joe or a feud between the BCC and House of Black. Or something with Jay White and Bullet Club Gold would be cool.

Edited by LaGoosh

Just now, LaGoosh said:

A short singles feud with Orange Cassidy then move him into a feud with Eddie Kingston. After that either something with Samoa Joe or a feud between the BCC and House of Black. Or something with Jay White and Bullet Club Gold would be cool.

Ooh, Jay White isn’t something I’ve considered. If BCC are still a going concern, them having a to-do with BCG could be great, transitioning into Mox/JW.

I’d love to see Mox stab the Gunn Boy’s in the head.

13 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

It's more like the ownership of a football team (again, usually passion projects)

Sorry, and I don't mean to be rude but that's just bollocks IMO. Football clubs are bought as businesses to make money for their owners, they are not passion projects, the same as AEW isn't, no matter what their owners say. They might be fans of the clubs sure, but they aren't buying these businesses for philanthropic reasons.

The main aim is to make money.

But I agree this is boring and I shouldn't be adding to it.

Carry on with your London memories folks. That Mox eh? Tsk.

• Paid Members

Just popping in here without prejudice as it's something that really stuck in my head & the same phrasing was used here - beginning of last season The Athletic did an article on the ownership of the 20 Premier League clubs, and IIRC they used the phrase "the only one of the 20 that resembles a traditional business" about Norwich (my club).

It's why we always finish bottom.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

A short singles feud with Orange Cassidy then move him into a feud with Eddie Kingston. 

I can see Mox getting an International title match soon, and as much as I'd love to see the greatest title reign in the history of our sport continue, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Cena/Lesnar-esque mauling where the injuries and schedule finally catch up with OC and Mox just brutalises him.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I can see Mox getting an International title match soon, and as much as I'd love to see the greatest title reign in the history of our sport continue, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Cena/Lesnar-esque mauling where the injuries and schedule finally catch up with OC and Mox just brutalises him.

Mox winning the title so he can drop it to Kingston in New York at Grand Slam works for me.

I watched the stadium stampede match earlier and Christ it was brutal at times. When mox stabbed Cassidy with the fork you could literally see the top of his head start to bleed. He went crazy with that fork. The skewers Spot too was something I didn't expect to see on a aew show but I couldn't get enough of it.

Nearly at the end now I've been watching the matches I care about throughout the day and I'm nearly at the main event which i really am excited to watch 

15 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Mox bleeding all over the place and stabbing people up is the most pro wrestling thing ever and it's fucking great. AEW is known for stronger language and blood so the decision and responsibility is on the parents and no one else so fuck off and take the white knighting and hand wringing elsewhere.

Jesus Christ, how are some of you turning this thread about an amazing historic wrestling event into the same old boring and dreary shit you always post?! 

you're right it's definitely on the parents and loads of the kids I saw were with parents with wrestling tees so they knew what they were in for or could be. Wembley Stadium was the right place as it needed big spots and it was Stadium Stampede. The skewers got a big reaction from the crowd and the fact people are talking about it says it worked.

8 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

you're right it's definitely on the parents and loads of the kids I saw were with parents with wrestling tees so they knew what they were in for or could be. Wembley Stadium was the right place as it needed big spots and it was Stadium Stampede. The skewers got a big reaction from the crowd and the fact people are talking about it says it worked.

Worked or was moronic, it's hard to tell. 

Again if people have to do that shit to get people talking, I question their ability. Crazy bumps is one thing, allowing someone to stab you in the head is completely different entirely. That said, I am biased. I've never liked Moxley particularly and I feel he is rather over rated. I watched his G1 matches iirc and wasn't fussed either way. I just don't "get" his shtick. But I'm sure that's just me. 

I did like Foley in the days when he toned down his stuff. The difference being though that Foley had likeability, whereas I struggle to see anything interesting in Moxley. Maybe if he stopped cutting himself up and doing stupid shit, he wouldn't have needed to use substances so much. Who knows?

Edited by Michael_3165