AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

• Awards Moderator

I’ve had a fantastic time. Feels like I’ve seen a proper, real, big time AEW show and I can’t wait to watch it back.

Highlights were Joe, Sue, Seek & Destroy and there being a happy ending.

My wife had sworn beforehand she was going to leave after two hours because no wrestling show should be longer than an episode of TV but she ended up staying for the whole thing and even got invested in whether Adam Cole would turn or not. She’s already said she’ll go again next year. Find yourself someone who’ll sit through five and a half hours of wrestling with you.

Oh and Sue got a new Van and a Wembley payday.

Was that skin hanging off of Mox? Disgusting.

Having the ROH tag title match on the buy in, was a smart move imo. Gave fans an actual reason to arrive early.

MJF breaking down post match when Cole chucked the ROH Tag belt was tremendous. When he's not going full shooty bollocks, he's untouchable imo.

37 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

With AEW announcing All In London 2024, I'm guessing they are hoping to make the show their own Wrestlemania.

Be interesting to see if they can pull it off again. 

I think getting 80k again will be tough but people had said lucky to get 30k for this, I thought 50k would be a success. I'm certain they can get 50k. I think they will have to promote it differently. This was biggest UK show ever, first time at Wembley Stadium for 31 years. I saw people there who had come from abroad for it, they need to give them a reason to come back.

Edited by westlondonmist

10 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Special props to the guy sat in front of me in the CM Punk shirt and with the CM Punk sign who left the show immediately after CM Punk's match finished and never returned.

I had a guy near(ish) me in a CMFTR shirt who didn’t seem arsed by either CM Punk’s or FTR’s matches, which is a shame as they were bangers.

• Paid Members

My dear god, I never want to see that picture of Moxley ever again. I've struggled to get it out of my head ever since. Going to need to take a basin to bed here as I feel sick as a pig. 

6 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

I think getting 80k again will be tough but people had said lucky to get 30k for this, I thought 50k would be a success. I'm certain they can get 50k. I think they will have to promote it differently. This was biggest UK show ever, first time at Wembley Stadium for 31 years. I saw people there who had come from abroad for it, they need to give them a reason to come back.

Funny bit during the pre-show where RJ City was amongst the crowd and talking to people.

"Where'd you come from?" Phoenix, Arizona.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Oh and Sue got a new Van and a Wembley payday.

Can’t drive stick though can she. 

Felt a bit bad for Meltzer as he clearly had enough of people taking photos around this time as he started moving up the steps with each one. And didn’t help he had a drunk bloke shouting seven stars at him which made him more fed up. Good of him though.IMG_3352.thumb.jpeg.dd8b3b6898200a70b910acf1e23c7ef5.jpeg

Great show. Really enjoyed the Stadium Stampede and Jericho vs Ospreay was way better than I thought it would be. 

1 minute ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Left before the main event started so I’ll watch it tomorrow morning, really great show can’t wait for next year! 

More power to you, do what you got to do, but damn. I’ve never wanted to see a match more than that main event tonight. I was absolutely beside myself.