AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

6 hours ago, Vamp said:

When it first opened Wembley had the most toilets of any stadium/building in Europe. 

Oh I don't doubt it does, and it has nothing to do with the amount of bogs or queues, it's more me having to whizz every half an hour. So every match would be a "piss break match" for me :)

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered but...

Is there a roof on this 'new' Wembley stadium? Never actually been and just trying to work out what to wear and if rain is a factor. Google searches come back with 'everything you need to know' but that's a lie, because they don't mention roofs!

2 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered but...

Is there a roof on this 'new' Wembley stadium? Never actually been and just trying to work out what to wear and if rain is a factor. Google searches come back with 'everything you need to know' but that's a lie, because they don't mention roofs!

Sort of. Not one that will cover the ring or the seats in the middle, but one that covers some of the seating.

37 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

it's more me having to whizz every half an hour.

Happy to be sitting near the aisle for this reason! Already have pre-planned breaks during Saraya and Punk entrances. 

• Paid Members

My wife mentioned Jack Whitehall and Saraya were on ITV breakfast TV promoting this show. If Jack Whitehall ends up on the PPV ahead of Grado and Jeff Jarrett I’ll r̶i̶o̶t̶ sulk.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

My wife mentioned Jack Whitehall and Saraya were on ITV breakfast TV promoting this show. If Jack Whitehall ends up on the PPV ahead of Grado and Jeff Jarrett I’ll r̶i̶o̶t̶ sulk.

I said to my girlfriend yesterday that it wouldn't surprise me if Jeff Jarrett ends up on the show just to hit a UK celebrity with a guitar. She asked me what celebrity it would be, and I said Whitehall - aside from doing GMB with Saraya, he was on the first show, he's mates with Tony Khan, and he's had some wrestling training. Can always have Grado make the save if people think the show really needs him.

There's a few interesting names that are definitely in the country but not booked; some there's a solid explanation for that doesn't make me think they'll necessarily show up at Wembley, others are a little bit more curious. Not going to say who in case it ends up being a spoilers, just that I expect there'll be a surprise appearance or two on Sunday.

I am also team "expecting to need the loo constantly", which is one of the things that usually puts me off bigger venues, and means I'm going to be drinking far fewer pints than I ordinarily would at a show. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Supremo said:

If Jack Whitehall ends up on the PPV ahead of Grado and Jeff Jarrett I’ll r̶i̶o̶t̶ sulk.

Probably only reason he’ll have to go to Wembley this season. Bazinga.

There’s an attempt on Sunday, for a subtle tribute to Bray to be paid just after sunset, at 8.30.

From what I gather, its being arranged to hold up your phone lights, and sing “He’s got the whole world”.

Not sure whether AEW will do any kind of tribute of their own, to minimise any kind of distribution of their biggest show, but I think the idea mentioned, is subtle and doesn’t take over the show too much.

29 minutes ago, Matthew said:

There’s an attempt on Sunday, for a subtle tribute to Bray to be paid just after sunset, at 8.30.

From what I gather, its being arranged to hold up your phone lights, and sing “He’s got the whole world”.

Not sure whether AEW will do any kind of tribute of their own, to minimise any kind of distribution of their biggest show, but I think the idea mentioned, is subtle and doesn’t take over the show too much.

I mean, it’s pretty disruptive in the middle of a match.

I get the idea to do a tribute, but there’s no point sinking someone else’s match to do it. I’m fairly sure Windham Rotunda, the - by all accounts - generous performer, wouldn’t want that.

51 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Fucking hell, wrestling fans can't even fantasy book a tribute decently.

That's just a bad idea.

Maybe I'm just a prick but my first thought was how dare fans use such a tragic death to get themselves over. But to be fair with something so fresh in the mind an idea like that would seem good. A lot of people will want to do something in his honor.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

I just think it feels incredibly disrespectful to do that regardless of what's happening in-ring. There is an element of getting themselves over, but mostly it's just not reading the room.

I didn't know Bray Wyatt, but I imagine he wouldn't really go for hijacking a show in his name. What if there's someone in-ring cutting a promo, how are they meant to work around an audience deciding to make it about someone who they may well have been friends with that just passed away? 

Paying tribute is all fine and good, but I hate this idea.

Edited by BomberPat

I'm not a fan either, but I totally understand that it comes from a good place. Given that this will be the first major show since his death, and the biggest public gathering - I can absolutely understand the desire to do this. AEW is excellent at paying tribute to wrestlers though, and I'm sure they will do something prior to All In.