AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

16 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Let's not condemn them yet. I mean sure, if they don't pay out for Emi Sakura to come out to "We will rock you" we can shit on them for missing a massive opportunity but they haven't failed to do that yet. 

As it's their first European show I'd like them to do Danielson vs White, with Danielson using the Final Countdown and White using Rock The Night. 

7 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:

Costing me over €200 between travel, ticket and hotel for what will be a good event but if its a glorified house show with some big guys missing it will leave a real sour taste 

Yeah, I'd much rather a 7 hour 16 match card so I can say I saw everybody...... What even is a glorified house show?

7 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

So we started off arguing about how many tickets they may or may not sell.

Now we're speculating about it being a glorified house show despite there being absolutely nothing to say anything like that whatsoever.

This is a great topic.

The fact that people think the man who paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for the final countdown isn't going to go fucking mental for the biggest show he'll ever host is completely baffling. This will be dick swing to end all dick swings.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

So we started off arguing about how many tickets they may or may not sell.

Now we're speculating about it being a glorified house show despite there being absolutely nothing to say anything like that whatsoever.

This is a great topic.

"Glorified house show" is just another example of the goal posts being moved. AEW could sell a show out on the moon and there'd still be people going "Yeah but it's not on Ganymede".

52 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:

Costing me over €200 between travel, ticket and hotel for what will be a good event but if its a glorified house show with some big guys missing it will leave a real sour taste 

It's their biggest show ever. It'll be their biggest show ever. No one is being left off the card.

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Fucking hell, shall we see if Elton Welbsy is available whilst we're at it? :)

As much as I love Des, that wouldn't fit. Jeff is a good shout, or Mark Chapman but he's a BBC man.

It'll probably turn out to be that Daily Star lemon who used to be on Wrestletalk and Jack Whitehall tbh.

As long as its not Keith Lemon we can all be relieved....

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

"Glorified house show" is just another example of the goal posts being moved. AEW could sell a show out on the moon and there'd still be people going "Yeah but it's not on Ganymede".

At least its not Titan (Sports).

2 hours ago, poetofthedeed said:

Yeah, I'd much rather a 7 hour 16 match card so I can say I saw everybody...... What even is a glorified house show?

Reasonable question, people mean a non-cannon show that is given a fancy title. Think of the WWF PPVs held twice a year in the UK 20 or so years ago, Rebellion and Insurrextion or whatever they were called.

2 hours ago, poetofthedeed said:

The fact that people think the man who paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for the final countdown isn't going to go fucking mental for the biggest show he'll ever host is completely baffling. This will be dick swing to end all dick swings.

Big names will be on the card, I think most of us are sure of that. People just want to some TV time to acknowledge it, make the matches seem important and feel more invested. Khan can't go to overboard on this and probably shouldn't as All Out is a week later and has to sell PPVs so requires the biggest matches. Obviously the card for All Out will mainly be set by this point too, so I think they need to have 1 or 2 big matches non All Out based, such as Omega vs Ospreay, and some matches set up on TV that are part of the feud that culminates on All Out, a fun tag with Sting, a mental spot fest and at least 1 match where i won't feel like ive missed anything if i go for a piss during it. I'm confident it will be a good show but as said before I can understand why someone who has spent a lot more than the £30 I have would be worried. 

Edited by westlondonmist