CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Can anyone elaborate on what Punk did to make Tony Khan fear for his life? Only just caught that snippet yesterday and I can’t be arsed scrolling through a million buzzfeed articles to find out.

He is the son of a billionaire, I doubt anyone has even shouted in his direction. A few raised voices and an aggressive posture may have been enough. Who can tell what one person deems a threat to their safety? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Can anyone elaborate on what Punk did to make Tony Khan fear for his life? Only just caught that snippet yesterday and I can’t be arsed scrolling through a million buzzfeed articles to find out.

Well no one actually knows for sure other than Punk "lunged" at him. It's unlikely Khan actually did legitimately "fear for his life" - it's probably a term his legal team told him to use to justify Punk's firing.

• Paid Members

I often thought that it was more than Tony misspoke and meant he feared for his safety rather than life, but think LaGoosh is spot on that it was more a legal wording to avoid any potential legal issues with Punks firing. 

• Paid Members

yeah, I'm almost certain "feared for his life" was a very specific phrasing for legal purposes.

But also, there were reports (maybe Meltzer, honestly can't remember) when Punk was released that it was the result of an investigation involving the CCTV footage from Wembley, and that it wasn't for the Jack Perry fight. So reading between the lines, and with the suggestion that he "lunged" at Tony, I don't think it's remotely out of the question that he at least threatened to get physical with Tony.

1 hour ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Think back to how absolutely zero was said about Brawl Out on TV. Tony isn't saying anything like that on his television show, regardless of the context of the show, without lawyers agreeing he could easily justify it if legally challenged.

And that justification when challenged would be “It’s a tv show mate”