CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Anyone who doesn't want to see it ought to be put on an island. 

Sign me up for a grass skirt and copy of The Complete Works of Shakespeare then.

When will you all learn??   It’ll be a big jazzy return, a series of snarky insider promos, one decent match, injury, Twitter bitching, and then a huge destructive hissy fit.

Babe, it’ll be different this time babe, I promise.

11 minutes ago, Loki said:

Sign me up for a grass skirt and copy of The Complete Works of Shakespeare then.

When will you all learn??   It’ll be a big jazzy return, a series of snarky insider promos, one decent match, injury, Twitter bitching, and then a huge destructive hissy fit.

Well it's happening regardless, so lets just enjoy the trainwreck.

12 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

As in you think that was his intention? I find that very unlikely to be honest, if he’d wanted to go back, I’m sure they would have taken him - especially when AEW came about. 

There was interest when he first came back to do Backstage on FOX. He would end up picking AEW. Its a helluva convoluted plan. The true tinfoil hat conspiracy theory has been his behaviour the past year/6 months and trying to get out of his deal to enable a return post-Brawl Out.

He's timed things perfectly post-merger for those that want to paint him as a hypcrite for going back. He can say it's a new and different company to the one he left a decade ago and he's always had a good relationship with the UFC/Endeavour folk.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, 2Xtreme_lives said:

Punk and Anyone in WWE is intriguing. 

Not Seth Rollins.

Bring it on though. Even if just for the chaos and hypocrisy of the whole thing. Let’s see if he sucks a blood money covered dick in Saudi Arabia or Main-events night four of a buy-one-get-one-free extravaganza.

It’s not like WWE has much else going on at the moment since The Bloodline fell off a cliff and Judgment Day and Cody kicked off their best of fifty.

If he comes in at Survivor Series, I’d be stunned if he makes it to Wrestlemania. That’s a long time to remain normal and healthy.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

I think you're misunderstanding why a lot of people are well up for seeing him come back. It's because of exactly what you've described. 

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I think you're misunderstanding why a lot of people are well up for seeing him come back. It's because of exactly what you've described. 

No. I’m just in flat denial.

He’s a changed man. He’s different this time.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Members
15 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

It's this isn't it?

I love a bit of Punk, and am happy when he pops up but it's because of all the shit that surrounds him quite frankly. But if I didn't like him, I'd probably just skip his bits or whatever, and not watch.

As an adult who can pick and choose what I want, if I decide that it's not for me anymore, I can just, get this right, stop watching!*

A mental concept I know. 

*Says he who hate watched 3 fucking series of that cunt Ricky Gervais' After Life so what do I know?

Actually they're quite alike them two.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

If he comes in at Survivor Series, I’d be stunned if he makes it to Wrestlemania. That’s a long time to remain normal and healthy.

Worth saying that in WWE, not only would he presumably be on the Brock-part-time schedule, but the very structured WWE-style is probably less strenuous on some level than AEW due to the level of production. Not saying he couldn't get injured, but I could certainly see them protecting him/presenting his in-ring as a special attraction rather than week-to-week. 

Would be cool if this also paves the way for more recognition for AJ Lee, who probably had a bigger role in their "women's revolution" than credited for in recent years. 

Edited by mim731
Spelling (not witchcraft)

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I suppose I can see why some might find that appealing, but with the limited time I have to watch wrestling, I think I'd rather watch GOOD tv than awful car-crash tv.  I watched almost none of his most recent AEW run and don't feel that I missed anything.  AEW was worse with him in it, and has been better since he left.

But there are plenty out there who STILL think Punk is going to come good.  Poor @d-d-d-dAz - I hope you wield Little Mo's iron this time.  Trevor isn't going to main event Wrestlemania.