CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

31 minutes ago, Harry Wiseau said:

they made the focus of the reformation the fact that they'd done it for the money

To be fair, they made it clear their whole career was all about the money. Always amuses me when Lydon gets called a sell out. What is he selling out, exactly? Principles he’s never had?

He is clear that the one thing he won’t compromise on is musical integrity. Those butter ads and I’m a Celeb paid for a few PiL albums and tours so he didn’t have to kowtow to record company instructions. Maybe Silly Philly is doing something like that, taking the money so he can enjoy his life going to hockey games and buying comics. 

22 minutes ago, David said:

He's the voice of wankers everywhere, really.

Indeed. Except when the corporate boss was someone hated, he was the good guy fighting the good fight. But when the corporate boss is someone liked? He is the bad guy and should leave the nice man alone. 

19 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Indeed. Except when the corporate boss was someone hated, he was the good guy fighting the good fight. But when the corporate boss is someone liked? He is the bad guy and should leave the nice man alone. 

He feared for his life, Keith. Show some compassion, you heartless sod.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone who doesn't want to see it ought to be put on an island. 

My friend-who-only-WhatsApps-me-wrestling-stuff picked up on this and sent me a message "Imagine if he put his spray paint title in the bin at Survivor Series."

Wrestling's the best. 

I might be an eternal optimist, but I’m pretty jazzed for him to come back.

I’m assuming that given everything that has gone on, he’ll want to just live a hassle free life if for no other reason to try and prove that he wasn’t the issue over at Daily’s Place.

I’m sure i’ll be proven wrong in the long run, but fuck it, let’s go.

Imagine a WrestleMania of Rock/Roman, Cody/Punk, Cargill/Rhea and Seth/Gunther. 

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

6 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I'll likely pop mega until he drops a little quip about "bucks" then sigh and go back to not watching WWE.

The thing is that's such an every day word isn't it, and he could just use it innocently "oh yeah they offered me a million bucks" or something and everyone will lose their minds. @Gay as FOOK is right, wrestling is the best. Actually CM Punk is the best.

I don't want him without Cult Of Personality though, as I didn't really watch when he was using Killswitch or AFI (is that right?) so no Cult, no Cunt in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The thing is that's such an every day word isn't it, and he could just use it innocently "oh yeah they offered me a million bucks" or something and everyone will lose their minds. @Gay as FOOK is right, wrestling is the best. Actually CM Punk is the best.

I don't want him without Cult Of Personality though, as I didn't really watch when he was using Killswitch or AFI (is that right?) so no Cult, no Cunt in my opinion.

He used Killswitch in WWE from 06 to 2011, AFI was ROH, And oddly enough OVW. Heyman wanted him to be ROH Punk, I guess.

11 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

He used Killswitch in WWE from 06 to 2011, AFI was ROH, And oddly enough OVW. Heyman wanted him to be ROH Punk, I guess.

Yeah see I couldn't give a shit about any of them songs. I know people lost their minds when he used his old one in AEW and that's nice for them, but I want Living Color.

20 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I think getting back into the WWE was always the end game for Punk, despite what he said on AEW TV.

As in you think that was his intention? I find that very unlikely to be honest, if he’d wanted to go back, I’m sure they would have taken him - especially when AEW came about.