CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

1 hour ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

OK bad wording. - match finishes in dodgy fashion so the two get all shooty after the match and match gets made for All Out 

Sounds awful. If they are going to do that match it needs a proper finish. Wembley mustn't be a set up for a smaller show imo. 

True but at the same time you need a big moment at All In to set up something for All Out as All Out will be there every year and it's a big deal for AEW annually. All In I can imagine is just a one-off so would be good if they can build to a storyline continuation for their other PPV.

Then again we're expecting TK to be forward planning.....

14 hours ago, Louch said:

You clearly have no clue what a money mark is, you have just heard someone say it and parroting it. Dearie me this is a bit desperate, mute it is 

He had the same level of experience running a wrestling company as Dixie Carter had prior to her running TNA (i.e none).

I'm sure he's a lovely guy and means well but he, much like Dixie before him, is a clueless money mark. 

As for AEW turning a profit, no, with the expenses for the video game, music rights for certain songs and the inflated contracts they hand out I think there is not a chance in hell they have turned a profit. I'm happy to be proved wrong, however. 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Never said that, treacle, calm your tits.

Just a little bit of kind advice for you and this applies not just for posting on wrestling forums but for all life. Regardless of whatever point you're making and whether what you're saying is right or wrong - saying stuff like "treacle, calm your tits" makes you come across as a COMPLETE DICKHEAD and no one will care from that moment onwards what the actual point you're trying to make is.

Edited by LaGoosh

13 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Just a little bit of kind advice for you and this applies not just for posting on wrestling forums but for all life. Regardless of whatever point you're making and whether what you're saying is right or wrong - saying stuff like "treacle, calm your tits" makes you come across as a COMPLETE DICKHEAD and no one will care from that moment onwards what the actual point you're trying to make is.

It was intended to be light hearted but I see it's bothered you so, my apologies. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

He had the same level of experience running a wrestling company as Dixie Carter had prior to her running TNA (i.e none).

Vince McMahon hadn't run a wrestling company before WWE, the money mark.

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

Vince McMahon hadn't run a wrestling company before WWE, the money mark.

Indeed he hadn't, yet before he bought it he had many years of experience in and around the industry due to his father, and his fathers close friends, running a successful wrestling territory for decades.

Not quite the same thing, in fairness. 

• 2 weeks later...