CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

I associate the phrase Positive Mental Attitude with the sort of person who would also say "if you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best", or "living my best life", or "keeping it real".

You know, arseholes.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Loki said:

I associate the phrase Positive Mental Attitude with the sort of person who would also say "if you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best", or "living my best life", or "keeping it real".

I associate it with Kriss Akabusi, and chanting "PMA" at the black lad in our class every year as he prepared to run, and inevitably win, the 100m sprint every sports day without fail. It was the 90s, before racism was bad. He loved it, because there was nothing malicious.

On 12/4/2023 at 5:07 PM, BomberPat said:

I can't really imagine a situation where someone can go around lamping their co-workers and causing every problem under the sun at one employer, and then turn into a model employee (sorry, independent contractor) at the next, particularly when they've seemingly been allowed to walk into a big money deal at the second employer without ever really having had to account for their actions at the last one, but wrestling isn't the real world and stranger things have happened.

It depends, I guess. It could be that WWE has entered into this agreement safe in the knowledge that a lower to mid-card nobody wouldn't be allowed to go on live television at a PPV and throw an insult at one of their top talents, thus creating the situation where said lamping is required.

Will Punk see himself in a situation similar to those that caused the flashpoints in AEW? I doubt it.

I'm a fan of AEW. It's basically the only wrestling I watch on the reg, but Tony Khan is weak as piss. He isn't a leader, and he certainly can't reign in a bunch of testosterone-fuelled dudes who act like they're frat boys. Punk will be well happy to be out of that situation, and if anything his time at AEW has shown him how professional it actually is in WWE.

I'd be surprised if he steps out of line any time soon.

What has Punk actually said about Rollins that’s so bad? All I can find is Punk telling him to stop tweeting during the pathetic beef with Will Ospreay, but that’s can’t have possibly invoked such a tantrum from Rollins, right?

Even looking at this from a purely kayfabe perspective and assuming it’s all a work, it makes mega babyface Seth Rollins look like a complete toddler.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Slapnut said:

What has Punk actually said about Rollins that’s so bad? All I can find is Punk telling him to stop tweeting during the pathetic beef with Will Ospreay, but that’s can’t have possibly invoked such a tantrum from Rollins, right?

Even looking at this from a purely kayfabe perspective and assuming it’s all a work, it makes mega babyface Seth Rollins look like a complete toddler.

I don’t think he ever said anything publicly about Kevin Owen’s, but we know he degraded him in ROH based on what Owen’s has said. The point being what we see in public isn’t everything that’s said and done behind the scenes.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure how long it will last, but Punk seems genuinely happy to be in WWE. What a sentence to write. It's almost like that was his main goal all along, good on him and I hope it works out. So far, best decision all round.

Spoiler

He has just popped up in NXT and there's a video of him backstage before he goes out and he is beaming. Seems to be just having a good time. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Nick James said:

Reveal hidden contents

He has just popped up in NXT and there's a video of him backstage before he goes out and he is beaming. Seems to be just having a good time. 

Spoiler

He'll be signed up to qanon before you know it.

2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I know it’s mad, as he’s a fully grown middle aged man; but it’s like we’re watching someone grow out of their teenage rebellion phase in real time.

Or someone who always thought the grass could be greener outside WWE, only to realise that isn't always the case, and now he's happy to back. His stint in AEW could actually be the best thing to happen to him.

• Paid Members

I think the only person to benefit from CM Punk in AEW was CM Punk. He didn’t put anyone over (and I don’t mean from a win/loss perspective, I mean no one benefited from fighting him), he got paid well, but outside of that what did he do for them? Even the TV ratings were static after him debuting. Just seems an absolute waste of money.

I genuinely hope Punk is feeling happy and this isn’t some Frank Grimes/Flanders situation where he has to look happy to hide his inner disgust at his colleagues.