CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

A guy on Twitter who has been previously shown to have reliable info from within AEW said that there has also been some issues around Punk being creepy and inappropriate with some of the female wrestlers. Punk used to come to weekly TV with Starbucks gift cards and give them to all the women wrestlers as presents and eventually management asked him to stop. Seemed to notably be some unspecified creepy behaviour from him toward Britt Baker, among others.

That was noted by a few female talent last year during his first run. 

Are him and AJ still together? 

Puts his repeated instagram stories about piledriving Julia Hart into perspective...

This sounds more flippant than I intended. That genuinely was weird.

But, anyway, hopefully this is now just people printing bullshit in the search for clicks. I hope these aren’t real issues. It would be a very sad end to a career.

Plus, Adam Cole was recently very glowing about Punk which would suggest the Britt Baker one might be gossip.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

A guy on Twitter who has been previously shown to have reliable info from within AEW said that there has also been some issues around Punk being creepy and inappropriate with some of the female wrestlers. Punk used to come to weekly TV with Starbucks gift cards and give them to all the women wrestlers as presents and eventually management asked him to stop. Seemed to notably be some unspecified creepy behaviour from him toward Britt Baker, among others.

Just in general I think CM Punk's approach to relationships is very transactional - Samoa Joe hinted at it in a cryptic Tweet after All In about people commodifying friendship. Every symbol of friendship you see from Punk is transactional - buying Joey Mercury's house, buying Danhausen a super-expensive rare comic book, or buying gift cards for AEW talent; they're all things that sound nice on the surface, but they're about buying loyalty. He fell out with Mercury and doesn't speak to him any more, there's everything with Colt Cabana, and probably plenty more that I'm forgetting, dating all the way back to his backyarding days.

I definitely heard about the Regal thing around the time he was on the outs with AEW, but it never seemed to get picked up by any wrestling journalists - might have been difficult to source at the time, or not seen to be of interest. I expect we'll hear plenty more like that moving forward; Punk's not there any more, but the story's going to keep getting clicks, and the combination of talent not having to worry about repercussions and wrestling websites wanting to ride this until it's well and truly dead means that every minor argument and incident is going to get blown up into a headline. 

17 hours ago, Fanny Pack said:

If Punk has choked him out, punched him, caused moniters to fall... none of that is life in danger scenarios.

I nearly choked to death on pasta the other day. Started blacking out after about five seconds. Pretty sure you can get choked to death.

37 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Just in general I think CM Punk's approach to relationships is very transactional - Samoa Joe hinted at it in a cryptic Tweet after All In about people commodifying friendship. Every symbol of friendship you see from Punk is transactional -

Strangely ive begun to really notice this in the Aus wrestling scene. I've made a genuine effort to be supportive, encouraging and maintain genuine friendships.

But the minute you are not useful to someone people dissappear. It's been a genuine heart breaking realization this last year.

So it's not limited to Punk, I think it's sadly part and parcel of the modern wrestling scene.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Punk being a dodgy sex pest, would not shock me. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Starbucks gift cards? PUNK ROCK or what!!!???

If anyone would like to be inappropriate towards me and send me Starbucks gift cards, will happily take them.

Sounds like a load of old bollocks IMO.

The Starbucks gift cards thing is definitely real as multiple people confirmed that ages ago. The creepy towards women thing is definitely not confirmed.

Starbucks is certainly true. Dax mentioned it on his podcast. He gave them out to those he liked. Said to be $500 on them. So not sure that would be a weekly thing or he'd be skint.

The mention of the women's division from that angle was he gave them to someone to hand out anonymously. Which would presumably just raise more questions over why instead of being direct. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I mean, I can’t even begin to believe this is true.

Regardless of the content or whether it's been verified since, that was my thought as soon as I saw "whatculture."

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

I for one am gobsmacked that the man who burned through Traci Brooks, Daffney, Kelly Kelly, Mickie James, Maria, Beth Phoenix and Lita as quickly as he did (and that's just the ones we heard about) before starting to date his now-wife, turns out to have some lascivious tendencies.