Bray Wyatt walks out?

Daddymagic

• Paid Members

IIRC, his first promo back was basically "My name is Bray Wyatt, and I'm just a normal bloke* who lost his job and struggled with stuff but now I'm back". And then he/they immediately ruined it by trying to do the whole split personality thing.

Because honestly, I'd be up for a "just a normal bloke who fights/wrestles" run from him.Ā 

*A normal bloke who still came out of a spooky cabin for some reason and somehow teased his return by magically playing a haunting version of White Rabbit during house shows, but still.

• Paid Members

yeah, the returnĀ couldĀ have been the opportunity to hit the reset button on all of this and see what he's actually capable of when not running blindfolded through a Hot Topic on his way to the show and ransacking Rob Zombie's Wikipedia for inspiration. A proper babyface Bray Wyatt run, with the same level of energy behind his promos but none of the mystical bullshit, is something we've not seen and that could actually have been good. Even a less explicit "haunted by his past" runĀ couldĀ have worked, but in reality it's pretty clear that Uncle Howdy is a result of him being given almost full creative control, and nobody else wanting to work with him or indulge his spooky nonsense, so he's been feuding with himself sinceĀ October.

With my wrestler-brain head on, I'd say fair play to him - he came back in October, didn't have a proper match until January, and even then he got someone else to take the big bump for him, he's absolutely smashed that one. But unfortunately it makes for truly appalling TV.

Just make him a southern brawler who can cut a (structured for him) promo and play mind games. The only people clamouring for Spooky Bray are people who like Rob Zombie films and the unwashed. Three circles overlapping perfectly on the Venn diagram.

• Paid Members

I actually have it the opposite way to most who seem to say Bray's dull when the bell rings. I think he's actually a pretty enjoyable brawler but the spooky bollocks prevents my interest ever making it as far as watching the match, usually.

Rather than being a constant 15 min promo that never says anything, he could have Been more Jake Roberts and he short and threatening. The best monsters are the ones you run in your head what they can do, not they go full sideshow bob and for you up and make you listen to it. Actually that fits well when you think of every time he tries to start afresh what the outcome isĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Statto said:

IIRC, his first promo back was basically "My name is Bray Wyatt, and I'm just a normal bloke* who lost his job and struggled with stuff but now I'm back". And then he/they immediately ruined it by trying to do the whole split personality thing.

Because honestly, I'd be up for a "just a normal bloke who fights/wrestles" run from him.Ā 

*A normal bloke who still came out of a spooky cabin for some reason and somehow teased his return by magically playing a haunting version of White Rabbit during house shows, but still.

Ā 

52 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Just make him a southern brawler who can cut a (structured for him) promo and play mind games. The only people clamouring for Spooky Bray are people who like Rob Zombie films and the unwashed. Three circles overlapping perfectly on the Venn diagram.

This immediately comes to mind:

Ā 

If you believe the rag sheets, brother, the (or one of the) reasons Bray didn't end up in AEW last time he was free to do so was because his asking price was, apparently, crazy high. If he ends up out of WWE again any time soon, I can't imagine this latest run is going to compel another promotion to pay that.

• Paid Members

Just think - from the sounds of things, in the time since Roman Reigns won the Universal title from Wyatt, heā€™s been released for being stale and shit, been away for a bit, come back to much fanfare alleged refreshed, outstayed his welcome and got stale and shit again, fucked off, and Reigns is still Universal champ.

Kind of an inverse Christian Eriksen meme right there.

He's a territory character stuck in the modern wrestling landscape. He'd be alright if he could come in, do a spooky promo, have a match and then fuck off to the next territory and swing back round in 2 years time. But he can't. Like everybody else he's overexposed. He's not the Undertaker he's Dolph Ziggler on a Halloween Special of Strictly Come Dancing.Ā 

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Vamp said:

He's not the Undertaker he's Dolph Ziggler on a Halloween Special of Strictly Come Dancing.Ā 

That's absolutely brilliant!Ā šŸ˜…

I often feel compelled to give Bray the benefit of the doubt, but that line is right on the money. What a burial.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā