What weird things make you tear up?

gmoney

5 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

I'm stopping my antidepressants after 12+ years. The withdrawals have made a looooot of things get me all teary. 

Did you wean off or go cold turkey, if you don’t mind me asking?

• Paid Members

I weaned off over about 9 months. Mirtazapine. Started on 30mg, went to 15mg for a few months. Then 7.5, then 7.5 every other day. Finally 7.5 every 3 days (based on advice from a pharmacy tech friend) before stopping completely after I realised I forgot a dose. 

I knew I'd have withdrawals no matter how I did it, just based on how long I'd been on them. It was about just minimising them. And I'm glad I did, I found it easier to quit smoking! 

27 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Now you can orgasm without it turning into a massive ordeal and struggle!!!

Too right. I have weaned off over the last few months and my prowess and stamina is shot to shit lads. I’ve gone from a marathon runner to a sprinter. 

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Sorry for the facebook link, but I couldn't see it anywhere on youtube. I was watching the Hogan v Piper Rivalry documentary while in the gym and surprised myself by very suddenly welling up at the clip of Mr T and Hulk declaring that they love each other and that Mr T saying "anytime you need me, I'll be there brother" Something about T's earnestness struck a chord, perhaps combined with being fucking knackered on the exercise bike. From about 4:28 in the video in the link below. 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1573986986314579

That reminded me of when I first saw the below Weezer video. It's built on a collection of mid-2000s internet memes and includes Chris Crocker, the Britney Spears fan who got very emotional about the hounding she was receiving in the press/life. He's on screen a couple of times singing along to the song, then there's scene where Rivers Cuomo gives him a big hug. I remember being really stunned at how quickly I welled up, and even now it tugs at my heartstrings. I think it's the simple kind gesture towards someone who was just seen as a figure of ridicule that gets me. 

As I get older, I cry at more and more every year! Kids winning on BGT (wife makes me watch it!) I'm in bits. Anything to do w young people dying of cancer. I can't stop crying for hours. Heartwarming adverts? FFS! 

Weirdly, I hear horrific shit every day in my work and nothing. I guess it has to come out somehow. 

Do people think its an age thing? My dad is late 50s and he cries reading our daughter a kids book! 

37 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Do people think its an age thing?

I’m starting to think that, an accumulation of life experiences and certain things can hit you. 
My dad is early 60s and can hear him tear up on the phone occasionally at what I consider odd things…but I’m beginning to understand it now

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
3 minutes ago, gmoney said:

The violin stabs in Nico's version of I'll Keep It With Mine. 

Dunno why. Getting old and weird. 

I must be too because her version of Fairest of The Seasons gets me a little bit.