FLips's Sopranos watching thread

FLips

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Wait, what!!!!????? How on earth did I not know about that?

Ah, go shit in ya hat. 

Edit: what did you ask him mate?

3rd of September if you fancy going when he’s next in town. Only £20.

I asked him what he thought of the Uncle Junior portrayal in Many Saints. He liked it and how it showed how ridiculous and psychotic Junior always was. He said he really enjoyed the movie as well. 

That's the genius of the Sopranos - all those murderers and criminals getting genuinely teary-eyed over a romantic love-song.  And Tony's great love for his uncle on display.  Like an actual family that cares about each other for that one moment.

22 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

3rd of September if you fancy going when he’s next in town. Only £20.

I asked him what he thought of the Uncle Junior portrayal in Many Saints. He liked it and how it showed how ridiculous and psychotic Junior always was. He said he really enjoyed the movie as well. 

Ah bugger, I am in Staines the week later, I was hoping his next appearance would have coincided with when I was there.

Has anyone listened to the Talking Sopranos podcast with Christopher and Bobby Baccala? I’m on a rewatch of the show again, and then gave the first episode of the podcast a listen. It was made during the lockdown, so they’re not in the same room. Imperioli is the better of the two at telling stories. I was just wondering if anyone stuck with it and it’s even worth doing so.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

Ah bugger, I am in Staines the week later, I was hoping his next appearance would have coincided with when I was there.

He did perform in Windsor a couple of months back so there’s a good chance he’ll back again after September. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

I was just wondering if anyone stuck with it and it’s even worth doing so.

I didn’t. Only made it two episodes in. And it was due to Steve Schirripa and his constant talking over/interrupting Imperioli and drifting off subject. And apparently he never stopped doing that and got worse.

• Paid Members
On 7/31/2023 at 8:23 PM, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Has anyone listened to the Talking Sopranos podcast with Christopher and Bobby Baccala? I’m on a rewatch of the show again, and then gave the first episode of the podcast a listen. It was made during the lockdown, so they’re not in the same room. Imperioli is the better of the two at telling stories. I was just wondering if anyone stuck with it and it’s even worth doing so.

First few episodes are rough but it gradually got better and more professional to the point that I ended up really enjoying it and they had basically every person of note who was involved in the show as a guest at one point or another. Also always really nice hearing them all talk to warmly about James Gandolfini. It's very clear that they all loved him a lot.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

It would be fucking Eggham wouldn’t it? 

IMG_0278.gif

I really don't want to think what an "Egham cream" might consist of