FLips's Sopranos watching thread

FLips

• Paid Members

I've been rewatching it as well and I'm not far behind you. I've just finished the episode where Tony finds out that Gloria killed herself and he spends the whole episode trying to prove to himself that he's a good guy really. Artie gets scammed over the Almanac drink (the new vodka) and gets himself in a right state. 

I've found season 4 a bit subdued compared to previous seasons. I remember season 5 being very good though so I'll be cracking on with that soon.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Artie gets scammed over the Almanac drink (the new vodka) and gets himself in a right state. 

The bit when he goes to collect his money from Jean Philipe is a favourite of mine. The scene of him practising his tough guy shite in the mirror is classic and then when he finally goes around to get his money, he’s the one who gets roughed up and threatened. 

2C2E5A23-BA71-41C1-9128-C5F877C9F114.gif

• Paid Members
Just now, wandshogun09 said:

The bit when he goes to collect his money from Jean Philipe is a favourite of mine. The scene of him practising his tough guy shite in the mirror is classic and then when he finally goes around to get his money, he’s the one who gets roughed up and threatened. 

2C2E5A23-BA71-41C1-9128-C5F877C9F114.gif

Yes! When he's all Travis Bickle in the mirror then confronts Jean Philippe and gets his earring ripped out. Comedy gold.

Furio sorted Jean Philippe in the end though (or so we were led to believe).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I genuinely miss him every day. I absolutely adore him (I've gone just writing this)

And that's weird because I didn't know him, but I think it's because I'm constantly reminded of how much people loved him, and heartwarming stories that are always around. His legacy will live forever.

Sorry, *Tony voice* "Hissh legashhhy will live forever" 

• Paid Members

I dunno, Bacon. He never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Seriously though, I've only ever seen him in this but what an actor. A real shame he's not around still.

4 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I dunno, Bacon. He never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Seriously though, I've only ever seen him in this but what an actor. A real shame he's not around still.

Oh yeah??? Well at least Tony wasn't a bushman of the Kalahari like Uncle Joon :)

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

f736cbd6-6201-4a98-b323-b07f70524eff.thumb.jpeg.0491009c9875471158c23ca0835c2ad6.jpeg

Dominic Chianese randomly performed at a church in Egham this evening. He spoke about his life and career. Sang songs. Didn’t really say much about The Sopranos as he spent a lot of time talking about his early career and marriages (he was a right shagger from he stories he told). I did get to ask him a question after we took the photo which was cool. Really fun evening and he was very sweet. He’s back there in September if anyone is local or wants to travel. And he’s moving over here permanently in three weeks. He looks great for 92 as well.