• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Now The Bucks have turned heel, I like the idea of Adam Cole and the Young Bucks being revealed as The Devil and his accomplices. Pays off the Cole/MJF feud and gets The Bucks back in a top position where they’ll hopefully continue giving a fuck.

Hangman attacked Swerve at the Revolver show last night. Check it out! The fucking fire of this man! What a reminder that this is the guy. Top babyface stuff. Texas Death is going to be nuts.

This was the Hangman that I wanted to see. So full of fire, a proper angry babyface. Beautiful to see. 

EDIT - Already mentioned in the Full Gear thread. 

Edited by mim731
Clarification

Can't help but assume that's on him somewhat? We don't know what the EVPs do exactly but Page disappearing for big chunks of time (rather than say getting stuck in middling feuds) seems like it might be somewhat his own choice?  Given he's got a little child it's entirely possible he's happy to be a bit part time at the mo?

Don't get me wrong, Tony Khan and the other bookers are responsible for a lot of issues in AEW but the fact the Elite seem a bit here and there has got to be in part their own choice (be it to avoid overexposure, losing their smile due to a certain punk or whatever)

24 minutes ago, organizedkaos said:

Can't help but assume that's on him somewhat? We don't know what the EVPs do exactly but Page disappearing for big chunks of time (rather than say getting stuck in middling feuds) seems like it might be somewhat his own choice?  Given he's got a little child it's entirely possible he's happy to be a bit part time at the mo?

Don't get me wrong, Tony Khan and the other bookers are responsible for a lot of issues in AEW but the fact the Elite seem a bit here and there has got to be in part their own choice (be it to avoid overexposure, losing their smile due to a certain punk or whatever)

Certainly could be. I've said the same about Kenny. They're very different cases in that I feel Hangman needs the consistency to cement him as a bigger star, while we feel like we're getting a diluted version of Omega quite often and not the best on a regular basis.

Whether that's down to them or TK or whatever, it's still frustrating. The stop-start nature of pushes definitely reaches beyond the Elite guys though.

Hangman has been in a feud all year. This is at least where montly/additional PPVs and splitting off from the Elite can help out a bit. Goes from feuding against Mox/BCC by himself into Elite v. BCC. Prospect of the Dark Order/Righteous nonsense for All In that became Callis Family. Then its been Swerve/Mogul Embassy.

He's pretty much wrestled every other week this year with extra screen time along the way. As its back-to-back weeks on then weeks off. While spending much of it as young boy to the Elite it just doesn't feel like it.

Sooo... Apparently Danhausen's return allegedly was and is currently delayed because he was pulling an Earl Hebner dodgy knock-off AEW merch job at some conventions.

I hope that's true, if for the carny of it. I really love the performer and character but my word, he's a bit dense recently, especially being really into Pepsi Boy.

Sounds like Juice Robinson and MJF are on the injured list after the weekend.

Injuries are becoming a real issue for AEW - hard to book a long-term compelling product when your wrestlers are doing things like MJF's elbow to the outside (he's injured his hip apparently).

I maintain you could dial back the high risk stuff by 20% and still be a great wrestling show.

• Paid Members

MJF's injury apparently isn't anything too serious and they'll keep him out the ring probably til World's End. No doubt it was from that idiotic elbow drop.

As for Juice, he doesn't really take high risk bumps so this seems more like typical wrestler stuff.

As for Dynamite they are promoting the Continental Classic starting but they haven't even anmounced the fucking lineup! Bonkers. Makes it feel half arsed and rushed. 

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

The Continental Classic has already turned into another booking crutch when it had the potential to be something a little different. Not treating it seriously enough to have mostly top guys announced and in it, the mess with the title situation surrounding it - it's already just another "Full Gear title eliminator"/"Owen Hart Memorial" etc. I fully expect it to be painfully obvious who will be in the final - once they finally announce everyone that's in the tournament - probably after the first set of matches has already happened. 

The injury situation should be extremely concerning. It's gotten ridiculous at this point. Up until now, it made total sense why someone like MJF should be champion going forward and not Danielson, Moxley, Punk, Omega etc. He is/was reliable to build the main event scene/company around. . .

. . .Unfortunately MJF has went and hurt himself by doing something that was completely avoidable. This wasn't him getting injured accidentally by twisting or slipping in an unintended way. This was him getting hurt by pretending to be Mick Foley. Well of course you fucking did. Hopefully he learns from this and reverts to doing scoop slams, clotheslines and dropkicks. 

Tony needs to reign these guys in. He won't though, so he needs to appoint someone that can and will. 

I sort of feel bad for MJF on this particular incident (though he is a bigger nutter generally than people care to admit). He had to make a split second decision after the table collapsed, and he didn’t want to drop the big spot.

In hindsight it was a bit daft, but I get it.

34 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I sort of feel bad for MJF on this particular incident (though he is a bigger nutter generally than people care to admit). He had to make a split second decision after the table collapsed, and he didn’t want to drop the big spot.

In hindsight it was a bit daft, but I get it.

It's difficult because each individual high spot comes with a certain amount of risk, and also justification, but when you add them all together across 60 odd performers it becomes more of a certainty, and a pattern.

Road agents and management should be balancing the matches on the card with risk and making sure that as a company you're not simply allowing your performers to take any risk they personally fancy.  In the case of the champion, if a spot is ruined because a table breaks... move on, don't improvise by dropping your hip onto concrete.