• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

It's Swerve! He's been plotting and scheming to wear down MJF, create new enemies for him and take away all his support over several months so he can swoop in and take the title from him once weakened. How's that?

To be fair, AEW haven't done an angle like this before so let's maybe wait till they actually fuck it up to complain about it.

Not a complaint, and I'd be very happy if the swerve, is indeed Swerve. 

If they come up with a viable plan that doesn't confirm my fear over the direction of this, I will be delighted. I am open to and optimistic they will, but I just have a nagging feeling something like that is the endgame for this angle. I very much hope I'm wrong. 

I'm not sure my concern warranted such a stern response, perhaps I didn't phrase it clearly, apologies. 

Edited by mim731

• Paid Members
On 9/21/2023 at 12:47 PM, Supremo said:

Jericho has Jericho’d it yet again! Incredible!

As the pay per views become monthly, so too does Jericho’s routine. He watched Omega vs. Takeshita at that last pay per view, he clocked how good it was, and so he set in motion whatever could possibly crowbar him into their angle.

Jackpot; throw Sammy into the Don Callis family, back door your way into some tag matches with Takeshita and Sammy vs. Omega and Jericho. Maybe even spin off into another one-on-one with Omega to close out the year. Honestly, it’s to be admired. Nobody plays the game like he does. I swear he sniffs around that company like The Terminator, trying to acquire his next target.

IMG_6289.gif.bd974cef8a7d2d5364ff6e335f7a5b91.gif

Hot angle? Hot character? Super worker?

IMG_6291.thumb.jpeg.b49ae04cf8e06c7b68b078dc723706f1.jpeg

I’ll be back!

Posted this in late September, assuming Jericho couldn’t get any more Jericho. And yet here we are.

Sammy heel turn has done literally nothing for Sammy, whereas Jericho couldn’t be in a better position. The fucker has gotten himself playing the Hangman role at the pay per view in what most consider to be the greatest tag match of all time with Kenny and The Bucks. Another blinder. There should be a separate, “Worker of the year,” award because nobody plays it as good Chris Jericho.

Stop trying to make “The Golden Jets,” happen though, Chris. It’s not a thing.

There seems to be quite a lot of people who’ve convinced themselves The Devil is CM Punk. Which is obviously mad, but even if it was… surely that just means he got another serious injury that needed to be written around for 3 months, and he didn’t want to have to say he was hurt again?

There’s no good scenario with it being Punk. Leave the (toxic) memories alone.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Tournament Tony is already polishing his pencil so he can get to work on the ROH TV title tournament. Relinquishing a title after holding it for so long is bullshit of the highest order. Mind you 17 defences in 578 days is hardly a workaholic schedule is it. A defence every 34 days for a TV title is madness. 

2 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Tournament Tony is already polishing his pencil so he can get to work on the ROH TV title tournament. Relinquishing a title after holding it for so long is bullshit of the highest order. Mind you 17 defences in 578 days is hardly a workaholic schedule is it. A defence every 34 days for a TV title is madness. 

Has anyone ever relinquished a company before? Tony should consider it.

• Paid Members

IMG_6809.jpeg.d77c68d9415960fac4d5d5ee444c4d99.jpeg

Clues are right there, lads. The Devil is Punk!

Anyway, Swerve is the best suggestion I’ve heard by millions and millions of miles. There’s no-one better suited for the menacing grin after he unmasks. Fits his horrible, evil character perfectly.

Swerve unmasks as the devil, we do MJF vs. Swerve leading into Worlds End and the most promising, exciting heel in the business raises gold as we enter the new year. Let’s go!

5 minutes ago, Supremo said:

IMG_6809.jpeg.d77c68d9415960fac4d5d5ee444c4d99.jpeg

Clues are right there, lads. The Devil is Punk!

Anyway, Swerve is the best suggestion I’ve heard by millions and millions of miles. There’s no-one better suited for the menacing grin after he unmasks. Fits his horrible, evil character perfectly.

Swerve unmasks as the devil, we do MJF vs. Swerve leading into Worlds End and the most promising, exciting heel in the business raises gold as we enter the new year. Let’s go!

Someone on Twitter identified AR Fox as one of the Devil’s mates, which given the way they’ve written that poor cunt it could well be Swerve.

26 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

All this talk about Ric Flair not appearing - how do we know he's not the devil?!

How many masked men were there? I could absolutely see Tony Khan wanting to do his own version of The Horsemen. It probably won't be him, but it's certainly not out of the question.