• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Supremo said:

Omega challenging Max felt absolutely massive and the 8-man tag tease for next week gave me the biggest Pinnacle-sized boner imaginable. It has to be them, doesn’t it? Hopefully they all come out in suits, each wearing a devil mask, then whip them off at the same time to a huge pop.

I really hope this is the direction they go for. I don't want this to be some shitty swerve with CM Punk (I don't think it will be, and I beleive his firing was legit, but that would be the absolute worst if TK decided to go all worked shoot Russo bullshit) or Adam Cole, or Jack Perry. I definitely have concerns about them sticking the landing on this angle.  

• Paid Members

Surely Tony is trolling Jim Cornette by announcing Claudio v Cassidy for Louisville. If they put the Bucks v FTR v Best Friends and Wheeler Yuta v Kenny Omega then it's 100% aimed at Jim. It might give him the heart attack that ends his life. 

20 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Days after Tony tries to score points bringing up Vince's offences. TK simply doesn't actually give a shit about women.

Innit. And the Beaky Blinders will still defend Lil Sniff because they don’t give a shit either.  A rank industry attracting rank people. 

• Paid Members

RVD, Sting, Flair (gross), Jericho, then the Hardyz all in a row felt fucking brutal. Old men everywhere. Not really what I'm looking for in AEW. Especially in comparison to the opening 30 minutes which was chock full of exciting, young homegrown acts.

As someone who doesn't really watch and only get my AEW news from this site how did

"This will be an historic gift. Yes, I said historic. Nothing like this has ever happened to a wrestler in pro wrestling."

Actually work in regards to Ric Flair coming in

So from I'm taking from this thread is the gift was Ric Flair?

In what way did this play out? What is he his butler, his driver, what way is a person a gift to someone?

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, MVP RULZ said:

As someone who doesn't really watch and only get my AEW news from this site how did

"This will be an historic gift. Yes, I said historic. Nothing like this has ever happened to a wrestler in pro wrestling."

Actually work in regards to Ric Flair coming in

So from I'm taking from this thread is the gift was Ric Flair?

In what way did this play out? What is he his butler, his driver, what way is a person a gift to someone?

He's Sting's personal sex offender.

Still can't get over how a company with this much young, exciting and underutilised talent filled up an entire third of a show with old useless fucks. Absolutely baffling. 

What a terrible idea to bring in Flair, I mean we know Tony has previous for turning a blind eye but this seems extremely poor judgement. Is it too much to ask for a promotion to have a base line of decency when it comes to their moral compass? It is isn’t it. 

More a gift to Derby isn’t it? Here you go son this old fucker will teach you everything he knows about being an abusive piece of shit. 

Edited by Joe Blog

Hot opening and then, yeah, old man middle hour and then a main event they forgot to build to or trailer in the first hour.  Dynamite in a nutshell - really good stuff and then a lack of joined up thinking and some ice cold acts.  How is Hardys v Elite just such an uninteresting and throwaway mid-card match?  Who is the fella with the Hardys?  Why is Hangman a shadow of his former self in terms of star power?

Something feels really off about this whole Sting retirement, but I'm struggling to put my finger on it.  Sting himself seems... completely uninvested in the whole thing.  Last week he was grumbling at the crowd about their reaction, this week moaning at them about some chant to do with his tag partners.  He seems really pissed off about SOMETHING.  

Add to that the placing of these segments right in the middle of the show, it feels like filler and is getting filler reactions.  Very odd.

AEW is also now doing something I hate when WWE do it, which is build a big PPV championship clash between MJF and White, and then have MJF defend that belt against a different opponent, on tv, at short notice thus potentially derailing the PPV.  What happens to your main event if White wins Tony?  I know this is wrestling and we shouldn't expect it to make sense, but... surely MJF v Omega should be a major program, not a throwaway match on Collision where the result is a foregone conclusion (interference, DQ, shmoz).

Thank goodness for Juice - the best hire Sniff has made in ages.  Great look, hilarious, took a proper beat down.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

Still can't get over how a company with this much young, exciting and underutilised talent filled up an entire third of a show with old useless fucks. Absolutely baffling. 

Tony's EWR is stuck in late stage WCW mode and a certain percentage of each show has to be filled with an average age above 50. 

16 minutes ago, Loki said:

Hot opening and then, yeah, old man middle hour and then a main event they forgot to build to or trailer in the first hour.  Dynamite in a nutshell - really good stuff and then a lack of joined up thinking and some ice cold acts.  How is Hardys v Elite just such an uninteresting and throwaway mid-card match?  Who is the fella with the Hardys?  Why is Hangman a shadow of his former self in terms of star power?

Something feels really off about this whole Sting retirement, but I'm struggling to put my finger on it.  Sting himself seems... completely uninvested in the whole thing.  Last week he was grumbling at the crowd about their reaction, this week moaning at them about some chant to do with his tag partners.  He seems really pissed off about SOMETHING.  

Add to that the placing of these segments right in the middle of the show, it feels like filler and is getting filler reactions.  Very odd.

AEW is also now doing something I hate when WWE do it, which is build a big PPV championship clash between MJF and White, and then have MJF defend that belt against a different opponent, on tv, at short notice thus potentially derailing the PPV.  What happens to your main event if White wins Tony?  I know this is wrestling and we shouldn't expect it to make sense, but... surely MJF v Omega should be a major program, not a throwaway match on Collision where the result is a foregone conclusion (interference, DQ, shmoz).

Thank goodness for Juice - the best hire Sniff has made in ages.  Great look, hilarious, took a proper beat down.

1 - Would be funny if after Revolution he goes and has his real retirement match at Wrestlemania 40.

2 - I think MJF is leaving so they are getting all the big matches done this side of Christmas.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Especially in comparison to the opening 30 minutes which was chock full of exciting, young homegrown acts.

I misread this as "full of exciting, young cock".