1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

On its own, that was an enjoyable episode of wrestling. In the wider scheme of things that was an absolute bonkers mess. I'll post more thoughts later but my main 2 takeaways:

1) Fuck the fuck off with a Will Ospreay singles match on their biggest show ever. Against Jericho no less! Meanwhile the best singles wrestler on the planet and two former World Champions are in a meaningless thrown together 6 man. ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT NONSENSE. 

2) three mystery men for Stadium Stampede is hilariously insane. I can't really think of 3 natural candidates for this. The only people who would get me excited for this that I can think of are Santana and Ortiz. 

You just know Khan will misread this and think we want a load of British wrestlers in there. I can imagine him getting Regal in, Davey Boy Smith Jr and bloody Nick Aldis! 

I'm less bothered by Ospreay though it sure isn't the match that I'd have put him in. 

I am astounded that they have Omega, White, Ibushi and Robinson all taken up with a tag match. Hell, give me Omega vs White if you have to! 

1 minute ago, Michael_3165 said:

You just know Khan will misread this and think we want a load of British wrestlers in there. I can imagine him getting Regal in, Davey Boy Smith Jr and bloody Nick Aldis! 

I'm less bothered by Ospreay though it sure isn't the match that I'd have put him in. 

I am astounded that they have Omega, White, Ibushi and Robinson all taken up with a tag match. Hell, give me Omega vs White if you have to! 

I mean, to be fair to them, White and Juice are presented as a Tag Team and have just had one of the best Tag matches in recent memory. I don’t think we can argue about them being in some form of tag match.

I’m increasingly convinced about Brits being the ones to take up the BCC slots outside of Danielson.

Regal works for the WWE though currently, and I think Aldis has been working as a producer for them too. 

• Paid Members

That show was absolutely insane and I loved it!

Decent opener with Wheeler and OC. I know he isn't announced for the show yet, but I would be shocked if he doesn't open the PPV. 

I thought the way the first hour was then used to set up matches for ALL In was well done. Kingston's reaction is going to be huge at Wembley. Madness they are going to do a stadium stampede but I am here for it.

The Golden Elite is what Omega would have wanted for Wembley (and if you think they haven't picked their matches for Wembley, I don't know what to say) so I am on board with it.

The skit with Cole and MJF was their best yet (I mean, it had Charlie in it), and their in ring segment afterwards was fantastic.

The TCM Deathmatch was just a mess, but still better then a lot of those types of matches we see normally.

Britt/Bunny was fine, of course we are getting Britt at All In (and i like the nods to the original event we saw tonight as well).

Bucks and The Gunns was a fine way to close, a little rushed, but thought it was good.

Weirdly this almost felt at times like the go home show, we still have another Dynamite and two more Collisions yet to go. But that All In card is looking mighty fine right about now. 

5 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

He came over with WWE after that, in 2017 I believe. The Hardy’s came over as tag champs.

1 minute ago, Callum1993 said:

Yeah I saw a house show in Cardiff in I think 2018? And he was definitely over here for that. Not sure if his legal troubles since though would prevent him from coming over now. 

His recent drink driving led to time served in addition to the usual probation, suspended license and fines. That should prevent him entering the country for a few years now.

1 minute ago, Matthew said:

Wasn’t he over here when he did that random walk out mid-match that lead to him leaving WWE. Has he been in trouble since then? 

I’ve lost track at this point unfortunately.

Last summer he was pulled over for drink driving again. He'd been in AEW maybe 2 months at that point.

What concerns me about...

Spoiler

Stadium Stampede is that we are going to be sitting there looking at screens for HALF AN HOUR and not be able to see anything happening live in front of us. That works on TV but when you've paid a fair whack for tickets, the last thing you want is to stare at screens for 30+ minutes. That said, at least we haven't got Summer Slam 1996 TVs situated around the ring! I'd have booked it as a no-DQ 6 man, much easier to follow and they could keep it in the ringside area.

Edited by Michael_3165

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

2) three mystery men for Stadium Stampede is hilariously insane. I can't really think of 3 natural candidates for this. The only people who would get me excited for this that I can think of are Santana and Ortiz. 

Danielson isn't a bad shout - as said, he might be able to work around the injury in something like this. Zack Sabre Jr makes sense as well, as he fits into the BCC style, and he's British, which will help. And if it is those two, I'd guess the third person would be Minoru Suzuki. Although that could be just me wanting to hear Wembley Stadium singing Kaze Ni Nare.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

What concerns me about...

Reveal hidden contents

Stadium Stampede is that we are going to be sitting there looking at screens for HALF AN HOUR and not be able to see anything happening live in front of us. That works on TV but when you've paid a fair whack for tickets, the last thing you want is to stare at screens for 30+ minutes. That said, at least we haven't got Summer Slam 1996 TVs situated around the ring! I'd have booked it as a no-DQ 6 man, much easier to follow and they could keep it in the ringside area.

Spoiler

The last one was about 10 minutes backstage and the rest in the ring. Only the first one was all filmed as it was during Covid.

Crazy show, proper Attitude Era vibes in both a good way and a bad way in the case of the Texas Deathmatch. WTF was that?

The first hour in particular was breathless with the Stadium Stampede announcement, the Omega and Jericho angles. That sort of thing is one of the positives of their late booking.