Another add; is anyone else starting to get the impression that the Young Bucks are feeling like that this is now a ā€œjobā€ and turning up & doing their part because they have to? Somewhat auto-pilot, without the enthusiastic buzz they once had? ā€œYeah, weā€™re here, doing our thing. Goodnight.ā€Ā 

• Awards Moderator

The opening match was fantastic. Everyone played their parts brilliantly. Orange Cassidy, as @SupremoĀ said, is Wrestler of the Year without question. Keith Lee was the best heā€™s been in months and months. Really good crowd too.

The rest of the show couldnā€™t quite keep up that level of quality, but what a great first 20 minutes!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

It's a shame in a way that it was a throwaway tag match because a four way feud between them guys would have been very fun with a decent amount of different match combinations. Maybe something they could go back to.

I thought this was a great show, and the MJF/Cole stuff was the highlight for me. I laughed out loud more than once, and Iā€™m looking forward to more of this next week. I know itā€™ll end badly, but Iā€™d love to see MJF remain babyface and feud with the likes of Moxley and Punk.

While I also enjoyed the opener, there are too many coincidences in the pairings for this tag tournament (given that itā€™s supposed to be random) and not enough creativity in their choices. I want to see some absolute madness in there.

Iā€™m delighted that the JAS appears to be on its way out, thatā€™s long overdue. I look forward to seeing what Jericho does next, assuming they donā€™t go back on this. The Nick Wayne stuff was really well done too.

My only real complaint is the continued underutilisation of Swerve. For me, he has to be a candidate for being the most underutilised wrestler on that roster.Ā 

21 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

My only real complaint is the continued underutilisation of Swerve. For me, he has to be a candidate for being the most underutilised wrestler on that roster.Ā 

But at least we know whatever he's doing he's not stuck with Top Dolla so..

Just now, RedRooster said:

I thought this was a great show, and the MJF/Cole stuff was the highlight for me. I laughed out loud more than once, and Iā€™m looking forward to more of this next week. I know itā€™ll end badly, but Iā€™d love to see MJF remain babyface and feud with the likes of Moxley and Punk.

I also loved that stuff. MJF's gym bro jokes and delivery in the segment was 100% full-on Todd Packer from the US Office. Great stuff.

How easily he slipped into working like a babyface was brilliant. Looking forward to more of this before he inevitably turns on Cole.

Swerve just feels like someone who went into see Tony and said pay me and extras 50k and Iā€™ll lose each week without a problem. No other reason heā€™s that good and always staring at the lightsĀ 

2 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Orange and Darby might squeeze some fun out of FTR so I'm all for that.

They are good but not that good šŸ˜‚

• Paid Members

The clear highlight of the week was Taz muttering '...Ball sack?'.

MJF's 'Adam! Adam! Adam... Adam! Hey, Adam! Adam!' bit had me laughing a lot, especially with how much it reminded me of Black Books.

image.gif.d8fd65dc57557b01513428c5613db81b.gif

I tend to dislike MJF as an edgelord. However, the idea that, underneath it all, he's absolutely desperate to be loved... that works.

Swerve for champ btw. Phenomenal performer.

Edited by Chris B