The Dana White Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

I hope the networks are thinking long term rather than initial ratings.

Much like the submissions & grappling in MMA, it'll take a while for the audience to learn the nuance & technique behind slapfighting. Also, once people get to 'know' the athletes there'll be the emotional connection with the audience too. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

Much like the submissions & grappling in MMA, it'll take a while for the audience to learn the nuance & technique behind slapfighting. Also, once people get to 'know' the athletes there'll be the emotional connection with the audience too. 

dave chappelle slapping GIF

I watched the first episode just out of morbid curiosity and it was really fucking uncomfortable. But it reached a completely different point when they had a women's match when there isn't even a fucking women's division....... 

It wasn't down to skill or whatever it was people fucking hitting each other in the face until one gets seriously knocked unconscious 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I watched the first episode just out of morbid curiosity and it was really fucking uncomfortable. But it reached a completely different point when they had a women's match when there isn't even a fucking women's division....... 

It wasn't down to skill or whatever it was people fucking hitting each other in the face until one gets seriously knocked unconscious 

Yeah, i watched it too. If anyone had any issue with the "sport" going in, the episode will do nothing to soften your opinion. It's pretty fucked up. 

22 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Tanked in the ratings as well. Lost 2/3's of the AEW audience as it was following Dynamite. 293k. Hope it gets cancelled mid run

It has to. If this succeeds, it's basically a case of "the game is gone, Roy" except on a humanity-wide scale.

Just checked, and that Nowinski vid has had tens of millions of views (cant figure out if its 17 million or 25 million). I wonder if it will actually have the opposite effect that he wants, and the ratings for the next episode will actually be higher.

• Moderators
On 1/20/2023 at 9:30 AM, Dead Mike said:

The epic final of The Ultimate Slapper will rescue it.

• 2 weeks later...

This latest episode in a very minor way does give a slight insight into what there trying to do with the sport side of it showing the training sessions and stuff which actually is quite interesting. 

It feels like the very start of ufc where everyone was saying its barbaric and whatnot but this feels like it is more on that side with very little pay for one and huge potential long-term side effects because the knock outs already seem so much more brutal.

It's going to last the full first season let's be honest but this first ppv is going too do embarrassing numbers and that will be the end of it all 

• 4 months later...
  • Paid Members

Got to love how it’s all Jared Gordon’s fault that he got pulled from last night’s Apex card due to a concussion.

The concussion happened in the Bobby Green fight on April 22nd. The UFC would’ve known about it then when they ran the tests on him. Yet they were cool with booking him again 6 weeks later because someone dropped out. A lot of fighters will fight regardless. They shouldn’t in cases like this but they will. Maybe partly because, at Gordon’s level, they don’t get paid enough to sit out very long, despite being injured. Maybe partly because Dana and the UFC have created a culture where fighting hurt and jumping in on short notice gets you brownie points and goodwill with the management. But a lot of fighters will fight no matter what if you let them. It’s the UFC’s job to police that and get the medical shit in order so they don’t send concussed fighters out there. They’d have known about it after the fight in April and they’d have run tests for this fight. Dana’s only pissed off because Gordon mentioned the concussion out loud to media. Otherwise they’d have happily let him take more damage last night. Dana trying to turn all this around and blame Gordon is a cunt’s game but obviously not a surprise coming from a guy who furiously bums fucking Power Slap. Genuinely think part of this from Dana is still sour grapes because Gordon derailed the Pimblett bollocks hype as well. The sad sack of misery. 

• 1 month later...

Aljamain Sterling still isn't happy about having to fight again on such short notice. Guess who he blames for cajoling him into it?

“People don’t understand how much time I actually put into this sport,” Sterling said on his YouTube channel. “Sometimes you could get a little burned out. Sometimes that can take a lot out of you mentally. That’s why, after this fight, I had so much things with Henry, so many things planned out, that I just wanted to decompress and stop thinking about fighting for once because I do so much to get to the fight and prep myself to mentally get ready for battle.

“I had that just kind of ripped from underneath my legs. Now I’m like, ‘Okay, this time you motherf*****s are not doing this to me again.’ I’m going to fight, even though it’s literally against my will. People can say whatever — if Dana [White] were to hear this, Hunter [Campbell] were to hear this, they would say, ‘We’re not making him do anything.’ Let’s be real here, bro. Come on, dude. You kind of are. Let’s call a spade a spade.”

“Like I said, I still have injuries that I’m still nursing to this day, and I’m not going to stop saying that,” Sterling said. “People can get mad at me. ‘You’re disclosing that you’re not 100 percent healthy.’ No one is 100 percent healthy going into a fight, and clearly, I just fought.

“Henry just pulled out of a fight because he’s not 100 percent healthy. I wonder why that happened. … Behind the scenes, [UFC executives] have their ways to kind of make you, ‘Okay, I’m going to do this for you guys again, even though I’m not going to get any thank yous for it.’”

And I know that fans on social media will likely be shitting all over his statement, claiming that the fight with Dillashaw wasn't a real fight and so on, but what those knuckleheads don't realise is that the actual fight is only part of the process. He'll have went through four training camps, which usually last around six to eight weeks, in the past 16 months. So, he could realistically have spent half of the past 16 months training, fighting, and weight cutting, which is insane.

This final one for O'Malley will be the toughest I reckon, coming off a 5 round fight with Cejudo and then fighting again 3 months later? Absolute fucking insanity. 

But this is what Dana demands when someone he isn't particularly fond of is holding one of his straps. The whole situation is being set up to benefit his brother from another Irish descendent mother in O'Malley. 

Edited by David

Just now, Egg Shen said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see O'Malley crowned an Interim Champion if Sterling doesn't make it to fight night. Maybe the UFC are half hoping that's what happens.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. I'm actually a fan of O'Malley, he's an exciting fighter, but I hope Sterling finishes him early doors just to annoy the fuck out of Dana.

I'll then hope O'Malley gets back on track afterwards.