The Dana White Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

Cory Sandhagen is saying that he’s been told behind the scenes that his fight with Umar Nurmagomedov on Aug 5th is a #1 contenders fight as well so they’re no doubt gonna wanna move quickly with another fight by the end of the year. No wonder Aljo’s saying this O’Malley fight will be his last at 135. Last thing he needs is another weight cut in that kind of timeframe. That’s probably another reason Dana wants the belt off him and why I can believe all this is to stack the odds in O’Malley’s favour. Aljo’s been publicly saying he’s moving up to 145 after this so if he beats O’Malley the belt’s gonna be vacant anyway. They’d definitely prefer O’Malley to dethrone him in that scenario.

Surely Merab Dvalishvili fits in somewhere as well. If Aljo doesn’t make it to this fight, surely his teammate Merab is the man to slot in against Suga Sean?

IMG_0181.jpeg

IMG_2183.jpeg

• Paid Members

It’s perfectly acceptable. And it seems it’s fine for other UFC champions as well. Jon Jones won the Heavyweight strap in March and there seems to be zero timetable for his first defence. Jamahal Hill won the 205 belt in January, nothing on his next fight. Islam Makhachev is rumoured to be defending the 155 title in October, a whole year after winning it. Then there’s this Leon vs Colby thing. And I know he’s not the champ but Colby’s sat out 16 months and is walking straight back into a title shot. Yet Aljo defends in October, defends in May then basically has to go straight back into camp for August? 

Not to defend Dana, but how is he forcing Aljo to fight, when Wand's detailed all these other champs taking as long as they want between fights? Is there any detail, apart from one sentence from Aljo? Surely all Dana can do is threaten with the creation of an interim champ, which Aljo shoudnt really give a shit about.

10 hours ago, Dai said:

Not to defend Dana, but how is he forcing Aljo to fight, when Wand's detailed all these other champs taking as long as they want between fights? Is there any detail, apart from one sentence from Aljo? Surely all Dana can do is threaten with the creation of an interim champ, which Aljo shoudnt really give a shit about.

Well, after the Cejudo fight Sterling was dealing with injuries. It happens after a long training camp and a five round fight, so that's not anything out of the ordinary. Most champions would assume they'll get a few months to rest up, and maybe even get a little longer if the prognosis on their injuries is bad.

But Dana then announced the title fight between O'Malley and Sterling for August before Sterling had even agreed to the fight or signed the contract. Remember when he needed a whole bunch of news items to release so he could try to bury Ngannou's announcement? Yeah, the fight was one of those.

Dana announced the fight while Sterling was still waiting on x-rays coming back from his doctor. 

Ray Longo went public, saying that while the UFC had announced the fight, Sterling hadn't signed a contract. There was no agreement made. In fact, Aljamain had said he hoped he'd be cleared and able to fight in September. 

But this is how Dana rolls. What starts as Sterling, the actual fucking champion, saying he would get medical feedback and then come back to the UFC about a potential September date, ends with Dana White announcing an August fight between Sterling and O'Malley.

Now, if Sterling says "guys, I'm not cleared to fight. I don't have enough time to heal and have yet another fucking training camp all within three months of going five rounds with Cejudo" it isn't a case of him not agreeing to the fight. It's now him pulling out of the fight injured, which is totally different. The fans will be all over him on that, Dana was already making comments about how Sterling "can't get out of his own way" and shit like that.

It's all optics. White knows how to play the fans, and now Sterling is in a position where he really can't pull out of a fight he never actually agreed to take in the first place!

White is an absolute scumbag of a guy. He's literally the worst of the worst. People talk about the likes of Frank Warren? White is double the scumbag he is.

That's all scummy, but let's be honest, getting a bit of backlash from the hardcore MMA fans shouldn't be enough to force his hand to sign for this fight. In the world of MMA, and someone whose not even that big of a name, Aljo turning down this pre arranged fight would have been old news the next day. Casual fans wouldn't have known, and hardcore fans wouldn't give a shit the next day. Seems bizarre that Longo has allowed him to do the fight just based on what a super small minority of the fans may think about him. Doesn't make any sense if this truly is the reason. 

4 hours ago, Dai said:

Seems bizarre that Longo has allowed him to do the fight just based on what a super small minority of the fans may think about him. Doesn't make any sense if this truly is the reason. 

Longo hasn't allowed him to take the fight based on a small minority of fans. Sterling has taken the fight because he's basically been pushed into a corner, and he's a fighter. Make no mistake, Dana has been around these types of guys long enough to know what pushes their buttons.

We all know how it would have went. If Sterling had "pulled out" of the announced fight, do you think when Dana gathers the media for one of his chats he'd have said "Well, Aljamain had some injuries to deal with that prevented him fighting. We should have checked that shit out before announcing anything, but, y'know, Ngannou was set to announce his PFL deal and we all know I couldn't have that in the headlines, so I threw a tantrum and basically just made some shit up to keep the guy out of the headlines. My bad."

Of course not.

He'll say something along the lines of "Look, the kid doesn't want the fight. We booked the fight, O'Malley is ready to go, but for whatever reason Aljo isn't fighting." Then he'll launch into his tired nonsense about how he can't make people want to fight.

Then someone in the media will cautiously mention the injuries and the fact he fought like ten minutes ago and Dana will just smirk and shrug, saying "it is what it is." 

Which is basically insinuating that Sterling is afraid, a "pussy" for acting injured, or whatever. 

Honestly, how the guy can get away with calling himself a fucking promoter I don't know. If he put half as much energy into promoting his fighters as he does that dumb slap league crap we'd maybe have some more legit stars in the company, rather than having to rely on some coked-up Irish has-been to prop up the PPV business.

Again, not defending Dana, but being part of his weekly tantrum should not be enough for Aljo to take this fight in my opinion. Saying he was forced, when essentially it seems like he didnt want a small amount of negative feedback, doesn't seem fair here. People like Longo and Serra, who have been around for donkeys years, should be backing him up if he truly didn't want the fight. 

Edited by Dai

I see Dana played a blinder at the weekend.

On the matter of Conor coming back, and the fact he's not in the USADA testing pool Dana said this:

“You know, there’s a lot of business that needs to be handled before we talk about this and I was doing an interview on Friday and a bunch of f****** scumbags wrote stories that I said, ‘F*** USADA, I don’t care what USADA says.’ It’s not even remotely close to what I said, so first of all I’d like to say, ‘F*** you’ to everybody that wrote that story, number one. And number two, there’s a lot of stuff that has to go on before he fights."

“My point was no matter who’s talking about it, whether it’s USADA or whoever and this and that, it’s not even worth talking about right now. Everybody wants to keep bringing it up so that pieces of s*** can write stories like that. Never did I say, ‘I don’t give a s*** what USADA thinks’ or disrespecting USADA or anything like that. It doesn’t matter what anybody says, I don’t know how this whole thing’s going to play out. Let’s wait and see.”

Here's what he said on the Friday to TSN. An exact quote:

“We’ll see how that plays out. They’re saying that now, but we don’t-who knows? I don’t talk about s*** until s*** happens. To sit here and think hypothetically how a million different things could happen, no idea. … The Conor thing, who the hell knows how that’s going to play out? Who cares what USADA says, we’ll see what happens when it happens. So I don’t know.”

So he loses his shit with reporters for reporting that he said he didn't care what USADA says. Despite literally saying that he doesn't care what USADA says a matter of days previously?

Edited by David

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

LOL Remember that goofy talk about Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk having a MMA fight? Remember Dana going into full on arse lick mode hoping they’d let him promote it despite saying “I don’t do gimmicky fights” about Fury vs Ngannou? Musk’s not only not wanting Dana to promote it, he’s had a pop at fighter pay as well!

IMG-5377.jpg

Financially aside, because the greedy cunt’s obviously set for life, in every other way it hasn’t been a good year for Dana has it? Right from New Year’s Eve when he slapped his wife around in public, 2023 has been a shambles for him. No one thing has been as bad as that incident since but it’s just been a series of embarrassments and stupid shit. From the Ngannou mess to the Power Slap shite to now desperately trying to insert himself into this Zuck-Musk circus and being publicly shunned and rejected. On top of that he’s constantly contradicting himself in the media, having a mid life crisis running around with them Nelk cunts, Conor’s apparently leaving his messages on read and seems to have no interest in fighting anytime soon and now there’s a big class action lawsuit popping up. 

IMG_8230.gif

Edited by wandshogun09