Pete's 2023 Breaking Death News Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

I don't think I have anybody blocked. That was in horribly poor taste, and I apologise. He was a massively important figure for the club, a very loyal servant to them. It is a huge loss for them. 

• Paid Members

One for the hardcore fans, but martial artist, stuntman, and one-time Mr Cynthia Rothrock, Meng Hoi has died at the age of 65 from oesophageal cancer.

He was never a name in the west, but he's a regular face in the classic HK action films from the 80s, and had a small role in Enter The Dragon

• Paid Members

You must have felt like Steve Austin in the run up to the 1998 Royal Rumble with all these Stone Cold Stunners this weekend. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/67133457

Losing my touch here,.but 'on the tee....' at the Pearly Gates is Ivor Robson 'voice of the Open'.

Coincidentally today marks 160yrs since the first Open started. 

Burt Young, no doubt best known for playing Paulie in the Rocky franchise, has passed away at 83.

Proper recognisable character actor who showed up in all sorts of stuff. I remember him appearing in Chinatown, The Gambler, Convoy and a bunch of other great films in the eighties and nineties. 

Him passing away has also reminded me of Bright Angel, an excellent, little-seen film where he plays a deranged criminal rather well, which I'd recommend people check out.

RIP. 

• Paid Members

Another great old character actor gone. So good in everything he did, his 70s and 80s career is some list of films. Loved his grumpy iittle role in the first series of Russian Doll too.