Most loved and revered people in wrestling

IronSheik

Other than all the usual suspects mentioned already, Charles Robinson seems like a sound fella. 

He's been senior ref - a key road position - for donkey's years now too without any bad stories or weird fire and rehires which is impressive in Vince's tenure. This is the company that fired Fit Finlay for having the company's heel champion at the time interrupt the national anthem to build heat. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RalphyV2 said:

Lance Storm seems like a great bloke too, never really read too much bad about him either. Seems the type to be honest, loyal and help you out genuinely and wouldn't drop a Canadian crap in your cowboy boots  

Just don't ask him to write your obituary. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, IronSheik said:

Al Snow seems universally loved by his peers.

Probably because he didn’t mind being the butt of most of their jokes. I’ve never taken him seriously after he was taken to task by Neville Southall about drawing money.

An offbeat suggestion but Hercules Hernandez. All the boys from his day seem to like him as some sort of goofy fella who didn't seem to be into politics etc, Roma even liked him loads. Also OMG/Akeem. I really like Bret's description of him, 'he just liked to read a lot.' 

2 hours ago, Chili said:

An offbeat suggestion but Hercules Hernandez. All the boys from his day seem to like him as some sort of goofy fella who didn't seem to be into politics etc, Roma even liked him loads. Also OMG/Akeem. I really like Bret's description of him, 'he just liked to read a lot.' 

Yeah I've heard a tonne of shoot interviews where guys put him over as a lovable Big Guy who was as strong as an ox. Cornette's got a few good stories related to him saving the day from violent fans.

Can't believe we're three pages in without a mention for Owen Hart.

Doesn't seem to be a case that people just look back favourably due to the horrific circumstances of his untimely death either.

Seems to be that he was an all round great guy and family man who loved having a laugh.

16 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Can't believe we're three pages in without a mention for Owen Hart.

Doesn't seem to be a case that people just look back favourably due to the horrific circumstances of his untimely death either.

Seems to be that he was an all round great guy and family man who loved having a laugh.

Definitely a massively popular figure amongst the fans and his fellow wrestlers. With the exception of Austin and Dan Severn whome he hurt in the ring with botched tombstones. 

I've heard a few guys playfully slag Owen off for how cheap he was, but he's generally admired for being a great laugh and one of the few loyal family men in the biz.