WOS Aldis den?

Infinity Land

If this is going to be coming back, I hope they have someone with some awareness running the thing because the last run, in trying to mimic the stereotype of what your nan thinks American wrestling is but in a tiny studio with an autocued crowd, massively exposed the lack of star appeal in the roster. Also, if the point made earlier about the censor's problems with showing impacts is true (meaning they see wrestling as a weird paradox of being entertainment for kids yet too violent for kids), then the insistence on big slams, indie striking exchanges and (fuxake) ladder spots makes even less sense. It'll be interesting seeing what unfolds, but I'm expecting more of the same, with Aldis continuing his run of spotting past-it promotions with power vacuums at the top of the card.

It amazes me that they had two stabs at the cherry last time and both tines they failed to realise that a large chunk of the reason why the original worked was they hired an actor to do the announcing. He was able to sell it all far better than JR, Alex Shane or SoCalVal.

But yeah, if AEW are already showing you AEW why would you watch a cheap British knock off of American wrestling?

• Paid Members

Why would ITV want this if they have AEW? AEW is cheap import programming. They won’t pay a lot for it but AEW get exposure.

ITV owning WOS means they own the show and IPs so could merchandise it. It also means they could export it. When they tried and failed before they had already pretty much given up on it before it aired. Crap time slot, poor publicity and frankly a poor product. If they have someone at ITV at top who sees the success it could bring with a decent time slot and advertising it could work. There is also a new series of Gladiators on BBC coming, if that was a success (and a lot was said of Gladiators appealing to the same audience wrestling was at the original time) I could see them trying to counter program.

Would it work, probably not unless those original production issues were resolved.