Jesus Fucking Christ

Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

I used to get so many invites to meetings that started way too early, using the promise of bacon rolls to get people in early. Yeah, well, I'm a vegetarian, so you can shove your bacon roll up your arse and I'll start work the same time I always do.

• Paid Members

Oh they are but I think that makes it worse. Copying a viral trend where self aware older people use Gen z buzzwords and meme speak to show what a good sport they are. By jumping on the bandwagon I think you lose any of the charm and it circles back round to just doing the thing the video is meant to be mocking. He can be all self aware doing his “har har imagine if this old guy said young people things” video, but by doing a viral “trend video” he *is* trying to be down with the kids. 

I hate it so much. He looks so bloody pleased with himself. He’s elbowing me in the ribs with his eyes for the whole video, the complete knob.

It’s like when people deliberately try to make “bad movie night” movies, when so much of the appeal and charm of a bad movie is when you can  see they were earnestly shooting for something good. As soon as I get the sense they’re winking at the camera and doing “lol look how janky and RANDOM this is” the joy is completely lost. 

Edited by JLM