Chris B

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Nick James said:

What's the difference (other than the press conference) between Punk and say, Sasha Banks?

I don't think you can really say "other than the press conference" when the press conference is the biggest part the whole issue. Publicly insulting your co-workers and challenging them to a fight, humiliating your boss, yourself and the company, throwing an immature tantrum, airing private business...there's no coming back from that. I genuinely hope he's gone for good. What an awful fucking person to have in any company. 

• Paid Members

By that wording, I meant more that the press conference is known rather than it happening backstage like with Sasha. Probably poor wording on my part by what I meant, but again, fair point once more. Think its quite an interesting discussion point and clearly people are viewing whether he returns or not differently. 

• Paid Members

According to the Observer, AEW are in negotiations with Punk to buy out his contract and he won't be back. The current sticking point is negotiating the non-compete. 

I'm guessing Punk wants to do a few big money matches for WWE if he can. Triple H isn't Vince McMahon though, Vince forgives everything but I don't get the sense Triple H is the same and both guys dislike eachother. Plus after that press conference could you even trust Punk to do business? Interesting.

Never say never with WWE, but… I can’t imagine HHH wants anything to do with Punk.  The company is doing great under him, the locker room is motivated, he’s got AEW talent ringing him asking for a job… why risk any of that for someone he personally loathes?

• Awards Moderator
6 minutes ago, Loki said:

Never say never with WWE, but… I can’t imagine HHH wants anything to do with Punk.  The company is doing great under him, the locker room is motivated, he’s got AEW talent ringing him asking for a job… why risk any of that for someone he personally loathes?

vince mcmahon wwe GIF

• Paid Members

Is Punk still good for that now, though? His big moneymaking period and high point was back when he was doing something new and not seen before in WWE. We've all seen it now. Surely there's not really any more mileage in him at this point, not at that level, anyway?

Put it this way: can he still generate enough bank to offset the problems he inevitably causes?

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

If they thought they could make even more money they would sign him up, it's capitalist 101.

Again, that's what Vince would do. Is Triple H cut from the same cloth? Remains to be seen.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Even in the weird, amoral world of wrestling, a major promotion signing someone who got fired for publicly slagging off his employer and colleagues, then getting into a very well publicised fight backstage, seems a bit unlikely, before you factor in how injury prone Punk seems to be, and how neither he or Triple H seem to like each other. We haven't really seen if Triple H has Vince's ability to put personal grievances aside when it's time to make money, or if he or Punk would even want to try.