Chris B

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Subtitles are almost always applied separately to the video file, so I think that's a moot point. 

Not really. You would assume they would want to have it ready to air, not for someone to subtitle it their end. We don’t know what the agreement was, but you’d think that’s a given.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Not really. You would assume they would want to have it ready to air, not for someone to subtitle it their end. We don’t know what the agreement was, but you’d think that’s a given.

It's a feed I would have thought, then subtitles applied to it. Regardless of who does the subtitling, subs almost certainly wouldn't be burnt into the file, as that's more work. 

1 hour ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Who was it who 1st reported this Omega rant at the meeting? sure I read it was that Brian Last bellend so I'd take what ever he says with a huge pinch of salt. Apologies if it's been reported elsewhere

I don't think anyone described it as a rant. His section of the meeting, like everyone else's, was picked up at the time by all the usual dirtsheet people. Last and his ilk picked up on the '8 out of 10' line and the negative reaction to it. Most of the other writers simply summed it up as a tough love type speech that had a few dissenters. There's never been much detail on what exactly was said.

Arguing over subtitles is a new one on here! 

the Omega 8/10 line needs context. If he’s said it in the context of everyone having different views and likes it isn’t as bad. If he’s said it as I’m better than 8/10 that’s different. That it’s being shared without context by cornette shagger Last tells me it wasn’t said in as bad a way as made out 

The closest thing to describing what was said is in the WON update just out. Looking to be a joke largely at Ospreay's expense. Which considering the promos they were doing around the time seems like the kind of thing he would absolutely do and go down like a lead balloon.

He absolutely said the line. One version is that it was very clear when he said it he was being comedic, that he was looking at Will Ospreay when he said it, then said that he was just messing with Ospreay. Many laughed about it. Others took it as serious and there were those upset about it.

4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

They’re not his businesses though, he’s part of a much larger team that operate them and there’s always someone else there who can pick up the slack. He doesn’t have that privilege with AEW

Yeah it’s Big Daddy Shad who runs the sports show, think of him as Omega and Sniff as Nakazawa when it comes to the Jags and Fulham.