Pro Wrestling NOAH Thread

Mark

Noah has day 7 of its annual heavyweight singles tournament, N-1 VICTORY, this Saturday in Nagoya. They're running a 2-week free subscription on Wrestle Universe: https://www.wrestle-universe.com/en/lives/t9zpc9Frrju12d6RmKRTXY

Scot Jack Morris is currently there and has made a big impression after wins over Kaito Kiyomiya and Kinya Okada. Morris faces Masakatsu Funaki on Sat. 

N-1 so far: https://www.noah.co.jp/news/3500/

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Yeah, some people thought he said f****t but it didn't sound like it to me. He definitely did call him queer but who knows how that's meant today when it's been reclaimed etc.

I didn't hear the F word, but the way he said queer didn't seem that complimentary. I couldn't say for sure though, obviously. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members

He said "He's great. But he may be queer. Poly, maybe?" -  For those reading without context, Nakamura stole the poison mist out of Muta's mouth via a kiss, so it's difficult to know how much it was meant as a light comment or an insult.

• Paid Members

The "kiss to steal the mist" spot has been done before - Tenryu did it to Muta years ago - and obviously it was a pre-planned spot, so I doubt Muta really meant it as an insult. Given that he's 60 and speaking in a second language, we'll never get to the bottom of the nuances behind it all - I find it slightly difficult to believe he said "poly", but it definitely sounds more like a "p" than an "f" word.