Summerslam is tonight!

DavidB6937

The main event was absurd, silly, stupid & whatever else you can think to describe it. But, I have never punched the air as hard as I did when Brock managed to get that tractor under the ring and flip it, that was one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen in 30 years of watching this.

The rest of the show was pretty good to be fair. Logan Paul continues to impress, even Pat v Corbin was above average.

The only low point I felt was Ronda v Liv. Ronda failing to get her shoulder up makes her look an idiot while babyface Liv holds onto her title due to a dodgy call from the ref, what’s that supposed to do for her?

That Main Event though, 10 stars

Wrestling Brock just seems like no fun whatsoever. A proper big old strong farm boy chucking people about.

Some people are saying this is him done with wrestling, and I hope they’re just putting 2 and 2 together with the Vince stuff and getting 17.

Brock is absolutely brilliant and on the run of his life. They should do everything they can to keep him for as long as possible.

I thought that was an excellent PPV....sorry Premium Live Event.

The opener was fantastic, Logan Paul was brilliant, nothing was less than good to great.

The only thing I didn't enjoy was Rousey/Morgan as I cannot stand Ronda. Kid Rock tongueing his missus was a bit rum as well.

The main event was superb. They really do these massive, stupid spectacles so well don't they? Brock having a laugh on his tractor cracked me up.

Although Theory (Fucking THEORY!!!!) shouldn't be anywhere near an episode of Superstars, let alone Brock and Roman and the main event picture. Pure go away heat that lad.

53 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Although Theory (Fucking THEORY!!!!) shouldn't be anywhere near an episode of Superstars, let alone Brock and Roman and the main event picture. Pure go away heat that lad.

I agree in principle, but he’s got into that position through holding the MITB briefcase which he only got through favouritism, he hasn’t earned it per se which is how you should feel about a heel

21 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I agree in principle, but he’s got into that position through holding the MITB briefcase which he only got through favouritism, he hasn’t earned it per se which is how you should feel about a heel

As per the below, he is beyond shit and should never have been put in this position. I get how I should feel about him as a heel, but I just want him to get off the screen whenever I see him.

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Although Theory (Fucking THEORY!!!!) shouldn't be anywhere near an episode of Superstars

• Paid Members

one of the problems with Theory is that, yeah, he's smug and unlikeable, but the heat section of his matches is awful. He's got a very mid-00s indie thing of adding a lot of unnecessary movement to simple moves, and it doesn't fit a heel in his position; when trying to get heat against Bobby Lashley, the fuck is he doing diving through the ropes into a forward roll just to then stop and hit a dropkick? Nothing he does makes any sense.

Honestly chaps, you say you want WWE to push new stars and then when they do you complain!

Theory is still a work in progress, but he’s got a ton of upside. He’s at the Rocky Maivia stage, if he learns the WWE main event style and works on character he could be great.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Loki said:

Honestly chaps, you say you want WWE to push new stars and then when they do you complain!

Theory is still a work in progress, but he’s got a ton of upside. He’s at the Rocky Maivia stage, if he learns the WWE main event style and works on character he could be great.

When they push decent talent, then you can complain, but Theory isn’t anything special. Average in the ring, average on the mic, has the look they love. They have plenty of other talent they could push over him. 

5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

When they push decent talent, then you can complain, but Theory isn’t anything special. Average in the ring, average on the mic, has the look they love. They have plenty of other talent they could push over him. 

But a lot of them don't start off as "special". A lot work hard and learn more and more from working with the  best talent and make progress. If some people see something in him where they believe he could get there, then why shouldn't he be given that opportunity?

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

He will be an awful babyface.

I get what @Loki is saying, but I genuinely see no potential here. I'll eat my words when he's headlining Mania 40 in two years time.

Headlining Mania doesn’t prove anything except they believe in you. The Miz has headlined Mania and he’s overachieved I’m WWE. And yes, gimmick wise he’s great yeah. But in ring? Mid.