Shit Song of the Day (yes Levellers)

Devon Malcolm

On 6/10/2022 at 11:59 AM, Merzbow said:

What's worse than Britpop? British nu metal.

Oh Christ, I remember hearing that at the time. There wasn’t much that didn’t blow my 16 year old mind at that time, but I remember even at that time thinking that that was utter dogshit.

I recall hearing that they were booked on Megadeth’s UK tour and just got absolutely annihilated by the crowd, to the point that Dave Mustaine issued an apology/burial on the band’s website basically saying that they had no hand in who got booked on the tour

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Could’ve picked anything from this total embarrassment of a band but this one stinks as much as their fans. 

True...but "Tequila" is by far the worst

2 minutes ago, neil said:

It is but I opted for this as its less well known, plus should any wronguns want to defend them, they’d say Tequila wasn’t a fair representation of the band. Awful awful band. 

• Paid Members
On 6/12/2022 at 1:12 PM, SuperBacon said:

I fucking hate these cunts so much. That Can't Stop song genuinely makes me feel physically sick when he starts shouting CANT STOP ADDICTED TO THE SHINDIG CHOP TOP HE SAYS IM GONNA WIN BIG

I'm sure they're nice enough guys but god they are shit. All Saints Under The Bridge >>>> theirs as well.

I don’t disagree with any of that. But, at least that song gave us this

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, neil said:

22 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It is but I opted for this as its less well known, plus should any wronguns want to defend them, they’d say Tequila wasn’t a fair representation of the band. Awful awful band. 

That Mint Royal remix is a terrible reworking of a mediocre song.

I love their album Regular Urban Survivors. Listened to it a lot as a teenager, so nostalgia has probably influenced it a lot, but yeah, they weren't good.

@Hannibal ScorchThat All Saints cover of Under The Bridge is definitely the better version. I always have to listen to it if the original turns up somewhere.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I just remembered they did "Alice, Whats the matter?"...christ

• Paid Members
On 5/28/2022 at 9:19 PM, Keith Houchen said:

He wrote this shite for Ronan Keating as well.