From Software Games

Onyx2

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

There's a ball bearing you can find that'll allow you to buy low level stones, might be worth legging it too the dungeon it's in.

Hide contents

Dropped by the Crystalian Boss at the end of Raya Lucaria Crystal Tunnel. You should be able to go there now.

Yeah the game is obviously pointing me to that area next so naturally I had an hour in Caelid getting chased by tyrannosaurus dogs.

Mountaintop of the Giants and Consecrated Snowfield are shit, feels like late-game running out of ideas which is a shame as they're such pretty areas. So much of it is reusing old enemies but now they can one-shot you, I never want to meet another boring Misbegotten dog thing again.

Oh indeed. Apologies to the people whose "secret ahead" messages I rated as "poor" after rolling into disappointing solid walls that might possibly have turned out to just need a good old bashing!

Seemed to hit a wall last night, trying to get past the Fire Giant who seems to be soaking up a ridiculous amount of damage. Gave up on him for now, and I'm farting around the Haligtree at the moment. On the way there, Captain Niall was giving me a load of grief until I managed to summon a human player who was able to take him down with three shots of their Comet Azur spell. No idea how people have managed to make that thing so powerful. I "rebirthed" myself and poured all the relevant points into magic and that, but my staffs (which I'd upgraded) and spells were still nowhere near as strong as other people's seem to be. I quickly went back to my previous build instead.

• Paid Members
On 3/14/2022 at 9:58 PM, Merzbow said:

He was the most trouble I've had, I hear Scarlet Rot ruins him (the game hints at it too) but in the end I just made sure to re-summon the NPCs when they died and kept flinging magic rocks at him while I rode around.

Don't summon Patches unless you want a laugh.

I managed it in the end by going away and leveling up about 5 levels, having some stat boosting talismans and picking my shots carefully. Liberal amounts of running the fuck away too. 

8 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Oh indeed. Apologies to the people whose "secret ahead" messages I rated as "poor" after rolling into disappointing solid walls that might possibly have turned out to just need a good old bashing!

Seemed to hit a wall last night, trying to get past the Fire Giant who seems to be soaking up a ridiculous amount of damage. Gave up on him for now, and I'm farting around the Haligtree at the moment. On the way there, Captain Niall was giving me a load of grief until I managed to summon a human player who was able to take him down with three shots of their Comet Azur spell. No idea how people have managed to make that thing so powerful. I "rebirthed" myself and poured all the relevant points into magic and that, but my staffs (which I'd upgraded) and spells were still nowhere near as strong as other people's seem to be. I quickly went back to my previous build instead.

There's a specific set up of gear which will boost that spell, I choose not to do that myself and went with a moon/frost cosplay fashion build but it's crazy powerful.

Fuck the giant tho, that area is just not fun and it seems like many including souls veterans hate it.

Loving strolling around Limgrave at level 44 picking off the bosses I’ve missed. Ulcerated Tree Spirit would probably fallen to my powered up doggies, 15000 runes was a great drop. Pretty much exhausted the area now so I’ve ploughed through the castle again looking for secrets and started off picking up bonfires around Lake Lurnia. In Stormveil Castle there’s a lift that goes through where one of the knights are but I can’t find where to activate it. Is it behind a stone key fog door because that’s the only thing I haven’t done in that area.

3 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

There is an old school cheese strategy available for Fire Giant @CAREBEAR LUVVA. 

It's been patched, unfortunately. He doesn't take any damage when he falls off the cliff now. Apparently the Mohg wall jump exploit has been "fixed" as well, so best of luck to anyone who didn't beat him before the patch!

• Paid Members

Took the plunge and bought this earlier.

My biggest enemy so far isn’t the Beastman or the Giant, but instead an invisible man trying to get my attention who I spent 10 minutes riding in circles trying to find and never did. I assume I need an item.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Took the plunge and bought this earlier.

My biggest enemy so far isn’t the Beastman or the Giant, but instead an invisible man trying to get my attention who I spent 10 minutes riding in circles trying to find and never did. I assume I need an item.

Don't click if you don't want to know how to do it

Spoiler

He's disguised as a bush. Hit one of the bushes in the area and you'll find him.

Edited by Nexus