From Software Games

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator
7 hours ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

40ish hours in now and I am level 67.

42 hours and I'm level 45 😂 too much bimbling and being helpful, not getting on with the quest line. Sorted that this afternoon by crashing through the Academy as quickly as possible. 

• Paid Members

Am I alone in not having a scooby what's going on at any point in these games? Even the character storylines I never remember what was said before when I meet them again, and most of the time I never meet them again. I remember Patches and the Onion dude from the first and third games and that's about it. People bang on about the lore being great - I couldn't tell you a thing about the story of any of them and I've completed them both of those multiple times. I just like fighting mad looking enemies I guess, and the gameplay is addictive. 

I'm about 25 hours into Elden Ring now, not a clue what it's about. I've got a big fuck off curved blade though and headgear that looks like the floating head in Zardoz. Magic. 

• Paid Members

I got this on Friday and was very apprehensive about whether I'd be able to play it, having bounced off Demons Souls and Bloodborne. However, it's so much fun! I'm playing an Astrologer because that's what the internet has said is the least difficult class to play as. Beaten the first boss, and am just wandering around trying to find a) better spells and b) better weapons. 

• Awards Moderator
12 hours ago, gmoney said:

headgear that looks like the floating head in Zardoz.

Top tier reference.  THE PENIS IS EVIL. 

zardoz-featured-540x305.jpg.a7a5459589c458196efde5b0dd8c0873.jpg

12 hours ago, gmoney said:

Am I alone in not having a scooby what's going on at any point in these games? 

Nope. Never know what's going on in any of them. Walk forward, kill things, loot.

Screw Hawkwind, VaatiVidya is the story master. 

28 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Vaati is a thief, he's straight up taken from smaller creators.

I hear he's much better now and he gets some unwarranted hate but it's why he's never my first call for lore.

So he starts with the master key?

The npc stories are great in Bloodborne but as mentioned they’re impossible to know if you’re progressing them. I feel like partially guided play through’s and web based investigation are all part of the From experience.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Vaati is a thief, he's straight up taken from smaller creators.

I hear he's much better now and he gets some unwarranted hate but it's why he's never my first call for lore.

I can't speak to that, what I've watched is laden with callouts to other YouTubers and redditors. Maybe he's learned his lesson. Equally everyone is trying to tell the same story so it's a fine line. Either way his production values are top notch and his voice is soothing. 

• Paid Members
On 3/3/2022 at 6:26 PM, Merzbow said:

Starscourge Radahn.. I can can say is LOL.

No spoilers but what a stupidly good and bad boss. Big up my boy Guts.. I mean Blaidd tho.

Stuck on this cunt now. Seems utterly impossible. 

He was the most trouble I've had, I hear Scarlet Rot ruins him (the game hints at it too) but in the end I just made sure to re-summon the NPCs when they died and kept flinging magic rocks at him while I rode around.

Don't summon Patches unless you want a laugh.

Edited by Merzbow

Banged my head against the brick wall of Godrick for a good 90 minutes last night after racing through the castle. I knew the problem, weapon was underpowered and my chunky sluggish battle tank couldn’t evade his AOE quick enough. So obviously I did what any true gamer would do and refused to move on until my single tactic of absorbing his blows and counterattacking where I could. Didn’t work. Woke up this morning and had a quick go before work, beat him second go round.

Smith Stone mining is a bastard, I’ve got tons of the fuckers but none of the ones I need for the lower levels.

5 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Banged my head against the brick wall of Godrick for a good 90 minutes last night after racing through the castle. I knew the problem, weapon was underpowered and my chunky sluggish battle tank couldn’t evade his AOE quick enough. So obviously I did what any true gamer would do and refused to move on until my single tactic of absorbing his blows and counterattacking where I could. Didn’t work. Woke up this morning and had a quick go before work, beat him second go round.

Smith Stone mining is a bastard, I’ve got tons of the fuckers but none of the ones I need for the lower levels.

There's a ball bearing you can find that'll allow you to buy low level stones, might be worth legging it too the dungeon it's in.

Spoiler

Dropped by the Crystalian Boss at the end of Raya Lucaria Crystal Tunnel. You should be able to go there now.