From Software Games

Onyx2

6 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Don't click if you don't want to know how to do it

Reveal hidden contents

He's disguised as a bush. Hit one of the bushes in the area and you'll find him.

Yeah I got a bit carried away and never did find out what he wanted.

Renalla was this games easy boss that takes me ages after she kept one shotting me at the beginning of her second phase every time. Tank vs Magic is dog shit. In fact tank build is generally pretty shit so far as nearly all major encounters require a fair bit of manoeuvrability and distance, I’m hoping it comes in handy in the latter stages because I do enjoy the play style and I’m arsed reading essays on using magic or incantations.

Been enjoying doing a bit of multiplayer, especially the catacombs which are pretty by the numbers and a bit boring but seem ideal for multiplayer.

I've met one boss where a tank build is utterly fucked, but so are pretty much all builds to be honest... luckily it's the super secret big optional boss so isn't needed to beat the game. I don't think I'll be beating her one-shotting combo arse any time soon and I like to think I'm ok at these games.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Nexus said:

Don't click if you don't want to know how to do it

Reveal hidden contents

He's disguised as a bush. Hit one of the bushes in the area and you'll find him.

Spoiler

Can I find him again? He gave me mushrooms and said he’d sneak into a cave to get me something better. I went back to where he was and he’s not there.

Also I’m working on a Paladin build. Managed to farm the Brass Shield from the guard camp and now have to beat a Nights Captain to get some shield spell to start me off.

My strength isn’t currently high enough to weild the shield I got or the Greatsword I found so just currently riding around farming for runes and discovering places.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, FelatioLips said:
  Hide contents

Can I find him again? He gave me mushrooms and said he’d sneak into a cave to get me something better. I went back to where he was and he’s not there.

Also I’m working on a Paladin build. Managed to farm the Brass Shield from the guard camp and now have to beat a Nights Captain to get some shield spell to start me off.

My strength isn’t currently high enough to weild the shield I got or the Greatsword I found so just currently riding around farming for runes and discovering places.

Spoiler

yeah he's in a cave somewhere...

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Nexus said:
  Hide contents

yeah he's in a cave somewhere...

Spoiler

I figured as much. The first place I checked was Groveside Cave nearby but the enemies were too difficult for the time so I left. Done some bosses and levelled up a bit since then so might head back soon.

I'm at the final boss.. and I think I'm just going to put the game down before I start to genuinely dislike it.

Spoiler

It doesn't help that it feels like it randomly came out of nowhere, there's no mention of it throughout the game and a second phase of Radagon would have made more sense, surely?

Edit: Beat the cunt but don't feel any sense of accomplishment in doing so, it was so much RNG.

Edited by Merzbow

Is there a way to raise your FP without levelling Mind? I want to use my fancy summons but I’m at 77 fp and need 101 and I’m at the point it’s 20000 plus runes per level. I feel like I’ve forgotten as much as I’ve learnt on this game.

Radahns, I shit ‘um. The only big boss I’ve done within three goes and the first of them three was without realising those shiney things were summons. Feel like I’ve robbed myself of the true Castle Redmane battle that was Crucible Knight and Misbegotten Beast that I never did manage to get close to beating. Loving my buddy side quest with my boy Blaidd.

16 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Radahns, I shit ‘um. The only big boss I’ve done within three goes and the first of them three was without realising those shiney things were summons. Feel like I’ve robbed myself of the true Castle Redmane battle that was Crucible Knight and Misbegotten Beast that I never did manage to get close to beating. Loving my buddy side quest with my boy Blaidd.

Oh you can come back and do that after beating Radahn.

On 4/2/2022 at 4:11 PM, Merzbow said:

Oh you can come back and do that after beating Radahn.

Finally managed it before work this morning. Levelled up that bloodhound fang and got that mimic tear and even then it was a dps trade off. I can’t believe I wasted so much time levelling up mind to get those higher level summons and mimic tear takes off health! got a few larval tears to sort that out when I need to but those gloveworts are lost.

Also found that sneaky little shop keeper prick in Limgrave nearly 60 hours later than I should. I can’t believe there’s so much game I haven’t played this far in, does it ever end?

Just been sucked in to the world of Elden Ring fight club where a bunch of players summon you to a world then stand around and watch you fight invaders. Afterwards they all bow and gesture the victor. Needless to say I’m never finishing this game.

• Paid Members

Dragged my way through an awful dungeon full of one hit kill chariots, only to reach the end and find the boss to be a duo of Crucible Knights. Needless to say I made my excuses and left.

I’ve already noped out of the Crucible Knight duo fight even though I don’t know where it is. I can’t for the life of me master parry on this game after being pretty decent at it on DS and Bloodborne. My slash and dash just about worked on the Misbegotten Beast Crucible Knight duo but that was with the Misbegotten getting killed before the Knight could get to me and my mimic. No way I could turtle shell it up or evade two Knights.

I love how they’ve built a giant typical souls game around a fairly forgiving massive open world as a way to lure in unsuspecting new players and according to the trophy numbers on PS they’ve  managed to retain a large player base past Stormveil Castle.